Cue Play issue on VCI 100

Default Cue Play issue on VCI 100

guys,

i've been trying to get around this for a while but i cant work it out myself. here's my problem:

in Traktor Pro: if a track has been stopped in a deck and is NOT playing, if i hit the cue/play button on my VCI (next to play/stop) Traktor will set a new cue point from the location im currently at in that track and start playing that deck. however, if the track is playing and i hit the cue/play button it jumps back to the cue point i've set earlier...which is what i want.

so, how do i stop Traktor from setting a cue point when the deck is not playing?? all i want is for the cue/play button to jump back to a cue point i've already set myself at an earlier stage. i dont want that button to set a cue point at all. i already have the set-cue button for that..

*im using defualt tsi that came with my VCI.*

can anyone help pls?

cheers

look through the tsi for anything to do with 'cue set' chances are there's one of those on each cue button. remove it and problem solved

i hope....

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I would say just press play/stop again and then hit cue/play or cue/pause.

For me that's the point of the difference of buttons.

Alternatively set up a hotcue (hc1) at the beginning of the track and press a button mapped for hc1 (you could map something on your keyboard)

If you got a regular vci-100 FW 1.2 you could try downloading my mapping which has a hc/cuejuggling mode.

check it out:

http://www.maxonemusic.com/tsi-files-vci-100/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Instead of using Cup use Jump to Active Cue
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

I had the same problem... but when I started using hot cue points I'm just ignoring the traditional setting-a-cue-point-when-loading-the-track.

I'm using a nanopad for that btw.

that must be so annoying dude. I have mine set up to "play on release" and to drop a cue point with a modifier. not a vci, but same principle
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default thanx guys

guys...thanx to everyone who helped me out here!!

DvlsAdvct, thx u made it ...its working perfectly now. just what i needed!!

love this forum