Nicecast Problems..
    Tech Wizard

Default Nicecast Problems..

Hi my nicecast wont work anymore, i know it not the net as it works fine from my flatmates mac.

When i click broadcast it just says Error: login failed, RTSP server encounterd

im just trying to broadcast on there servers with the demo, think i might off tried to changing the servers a few months ago and broke it. But i have deleted everything, re-installed it and it still wont work.
    there is no nicecast fourm have been looking on the net for somewhere to post found a few but though i would ask here as well.

oh and the console says.

[2010-03-10 21:12:08] INFO main/main Icecast 2.3.2 server started
    [2010-03-10 21:12:08] INFO yp/yp_update_thread YP update thread started
    [2010-03-10 21:12:08] INFO connection/get_ssl_certificate No SSL capability on any configured ports

cheers.

looks like you don't have a static ip (one that never changes) on that server you're trying to broadcast to. if it's like most, SSL is disabled on servers without a static ip unless it's specifically stated.

additionally, i first encountered that error you got "Error: Login Failed (Retry in 1s..)" tonight actually. the problem was that there was an AutoDJ on (radio station) in between live slots, and since he was already broadcasting, i couldn't start my broadcast. this may be part of the issue, but i really think the static ip (or lack there of) is the problem here.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Wizard

but if there i.p was the problem then i though it wouldnt work off my flatmates mac, same net conection, same i.p no?

is there any files that im missing to delete the whole program off my system. on the nice cast website it just says delete the app but there is allways other files on macs.

cheers for the info.

sorry that must have slipped my mind.

then i think it's time for "one of these things is not like the other" and see what settings are different from his machine to yours. this includes not only the nicecast prefs, but the firewall prefs, network prefs, and anything relating to the internet really.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Basically i found that Nicecast didn't work at all until i bought it... then it worked fine. I know the demo should work but i just found it didn'y. I just took the plunge and bought it and it works tip top (although really slows your internet connection down when using it).

So you could buy it and then demand a refund if it still doesn't work (which was what i was going to do but it did end up working)

If you want to remove apps from your mac i suggest you use mac cleaner. i deletes even hidden files.

http://maccleaner.com/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

cheers for comments people, i emailed nicecast last night and they got back to me saying that there must be something like a quicktime server blocking it which is what the problem is. I remember that i tried to install a Darwin Stream Server with qt broadcast to set up my own radio station bout 6 months ago, i deleted it but i have just been reading that its a bastard to uninstall everything from it. So that is what will be blocking it. I will try that mac cleaner and keep on searching

thanks!

Tech Student

does anybody find some solution for the niceacst/quicktime issue ???

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I could never get Nicecast to work with my Linksys router. I bought an Apple Airport and it worked as soon as I plugged it in without any changes or tinkering. Expensive fix, but the linksys was a Wireless B router so I was due an upgrade anyway.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x