Traktor 3 Syncing
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 3 Syncing

I'm just starting to play with Traktor 3. I really like the concept but I'm having some syncing issues. I have two tracks where I set perfect beatmarkers. When I try to play them together they're completely out of sync. If I hit the sync button they don't get into sync.

I hit the master button on one track then sync on the other and they finally got into sync, but they didn't sound right. They still sounded off even though all beatmarkers are set right. What am I doing wrong? How can I get it to always be in sync?

I noticed that starting a loop and ending a loop throws it out of sync if using anything under a 1 bar loop. Is there a way to set it so it always stays in sync if I turn off the loop out of sync?

Tech Wizard

So, I found the master clock area where I can set a tempo and it'll sync all tracks I play to that tempo. But when I play tracks together they're still a bit out of sync.

I'm sure some of you have seen Richie Hawtin's video showing how he uses Traktor. I've been watching it and paying attention to the traktor screens and there are some things that confuse me.

1. Everything he plays is perfectly in sync unless he takes it out of sync. Then he hits a button and it's instantly back into sync. I don't get how it's done.

2. The sync button is always lit up when he's playing tracks. I can only get the sync button to light when tracks are stopped. When they're playing the buttons turn off. Clicking them while the track is playing does nothing.

3. The tempo faders on each deck in his setup NEVER move. They're always at 0 yet everything stays in sync. When I set the master clock, the tempo faders move to adjust the tempo of the track so it stays with the master clock. Why don't Hawtin's move?

If its not going in sync properly and you have set the master and slaves correctly then it is a problem with your beatgrids not being in the correct position.

He has a button assigned to the midi function sync in traktor - probably on toggle mode.

I think your over analyzing his setup without knowing the fundamentals of Traktor.

The manual really answers all of these questions, i suggest reading it from cover to cover.