setting up cdj 400's with traktor pro???
    Tech Mentor

Default setting up cdj 400's with traktor pro???

Hi all i have just got myself some cdj 400's and a xone92 mixer

and i was wondering if i could please have some help trying to set everything up.. i am using a macbook pro and have the latest version of traktor pro

i seem to not be able to get the cdjs to work in traktor but the mixer does

could this be becuase i still have the 2.5tsi loaded onto traktor when i use my vci100???

many thanks to anyone that can solve my problem or point me in the right direction

PS is it possible to have the cdjs on deck A and B, and the vci controls B an C an effects as the xone 92 doesnt have effects on the mixer:eek:

there should be a cdj-400 TSI file somewhere on the net, if you bought it new it should have come with it on a cd. maybe try those?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

check youtube, there's a few videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ku9dNWHlg

what I really want to know is how accurate the CDJ 400 is for scratching while using Traktor in both HID mode, midi mode, AND timecode. I've used it with regular cd's and it's fine, but before I spend $1200+ I want to know how well it scratches in traktor

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    what I really want to know is how accurate the CDJ 400 is for scratching while using Traktor in both HID mode, midi mode, AND timecode. I've used it with regular cd's and it's fine, but before I spend $1200+ I want to know how well it scratches in traktor
    scratching in hid mode is terrible, the jogwheel lags and theres a lot of latency
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

M8 I have my cdjs 400 set up at home via midi and also via timecode , I can even switch between any of those while playing. Man I even can switch between midi, timecode or regular cd mode!! all routed to the mixer . Any dj dream

The only "but" is that I am using T3.4 so my TKS file will not be any good for you.

The big trick for mapping them is to set one cd deck on midi channel 1 and the other one on midi channel 2. If they are not in use. If your mixer is midi it is probably using midi channel 1 already so use 2 and 3

You need to enter the config mode of the cdjs, by pressing the auto/cue button (if I remember well) for a couple of secs, then you can set the midi channel, then go to the midi mapping section and start doing it. Just select the function press learn and press the control surface you want to use. Then select the midi channel to match with the deck you want to map

Let us know what is the issue you are having.

Cheers
    Last edited by alien2k; 03-11-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    scratching in hid mode is terrible, the jogwheel lags and theres a lot of latency
    Hid mode have not tryed, and my personal feeling with midi is that is the same as a VCI but with a bigger platter. I donīt scratch but the best results are from the timecode control. I really love the 400s as they have everything I need.

Midi control
    reads usb devices
    have Spdif out
    Built in effects
    built in 2.0 soundcard (I dont use it, use another external one)
    Excellent sound definition when using them on cd mode
    small form factor
    light for carrying
    mmm I love them and not too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    Hid mode have not tryed, and my personal feeling with midi is that is the same as a VCI but with a bigger platter. I donīt scratch but the best results are from the timecode control. I really love the 400s as they have everything I need.

Midi control
    reads usb devices
    have Spdif out
    Built in effects
    built in 2.0 soundcard (I dont use it, use another external one)
    Excellent sound definition when using them on cd mode
    small form factor
    light for carrying
    mmm I love them and not too expensive
    this is what I wanted to know, because if the HID mode on the CDJ-400s was good enough then I wouldnt need Scratch Pro, but I guess I need the timecode CDs for scratching

Tech Mentor

thanks for all the tips.. i have bought usb cables and i will try hook everthing up tonight

everything was bought new and i dont have a disc with the files

when i set up traktor pro i can choose that i have cdj 400's but nothing happens after this

argghhh so much for plug and play lol

ill upload a video off youtube when i get home regarding the cdj issues