New Macbooks on Oct 14th.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Macbooks on Oct 14th.

Okay, so I got the word some days ago that Apple will be dropping a new line of Macbooks. I've been following the rumors since July and since then the anticipation has just grown for each week.

I've been a loyal PC dude, loving XP (most of the time) but I was one of those who had high hopes for Vista and was heartbroken when it turned out to be shit. In comparison I feel Apple has taken the right development line while MIcrosoft keep biting the dust. So, I'm going to convert to Steve Jobsism and get myself a Macbook when the new ones drop.

Now, how many of you are loyal mac respectively PC fans and do we have any closet Apple fanboys who are coming out this fall when the new Macbooks drop?

I can't wait!
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Thanks for the heads up, i think some people will find this information useful

Tech Guru

should be interesting... im hoping for the outside chance that it will be a multi-touch micolaptop. I would buy one for sure.

...I posted some info awhile a back about a patent that Apple for a touch screen Laptop & iMac. I hope they do come out so it will drive the price of the older macbooks pros so i can pick on up...below is a link to what I had found plus a dj program apple is working on.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

the whole touch screen thing has been a rumor for a while but I think it's to much out there to be pulled through. What Apple needs right now is, and it is the perfect time for it, a PC killer.

No super duper trippy stuff, just a good looking, solid, strong computer which most importantly is affordable for more people. I would bet a testicle or two that these new Macbooks, on a entry level will be price reduced. Strategically it would be the best way to gain momentum in the Apple VS PC fight and if Microsoft keeps shooting themselves in the foot with crappy OSes... then, I would say it would be a complete switch on the market.

Let's just hope the new MBs are in the line of Apples previous new smart thinking.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    the whole touch screen thing has been a rumor for a while but I think it's to much out there to be pulled through. What Apple needs right now is, and it is the perfect time for it, a PC killer.

No super duper trippy stuff, just a good looking, solid, strong computer which most importantly is affordable for more people. I would bet a testicle or two that these new Macbooks, on a entry level will be price reduced. Strategically it would be the best way to gain momentum in the Apple VS PC fight and if Microsoft keeps shooting themselves in the foot with crappy OSes... then, I would say it would be a complete switch on the market.

Let's just hope the new MBs are in the line of Apples previous new smart thinking.
    If apple actually started offering some more competitive prices i would consider getting a mac-book in time. As it stands though you pay a massive premium for the fact they are jamming bucket-loads of advertising down everyone's throat on top of some hardcore profit taking.

The things that make a mac architecture good are the same things that make a mac bad. Mac's will never "kill" the pc market though, they are both catering for different audiences.

Rumors say that they will lower prices up to 300 dollars, even if it's half that it's a good progress and overtime it would go down even more.

I mean their financial department have to be smart enough to connect the dots. Very few people actually like Microsoft and Vista but there are not a lot of choices out there, with the money issue being the biggest barrier to cross to Mac. If Apple recognize this I think sales would increase incredibly and sure, it might not kill PC but it will do to computers what the iPhone has done for the mobile phone market.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    it might not kill PC but it will do to computers what the iPhone has done for the mobile phone market.
    Do you mean make it a more competitive environment which benefits the consumer? If so then i agree whole heatedly - that price has to drop to start making a significant impact.

Tech Wizard

The rumours are:

- that they will be knocking £100 off the entry model.
    - they will be the new 'brick' deisgn, i.e. made from one piece of machined aluminium (make them far stronger and give the competition nightmares)
    - backlit keyboards and a thinner frame

Doubt they will be touch screen, but will incorporate a mulitouch style track pad.

...and I intend to be buying one! making the switch, mainly cause Cubase is crap in comparison with Logic from my expereince in the studio
    Current Top 3:
    1. Loco Dice - Seeing through Shadows
    2. Light Year - Sex Education
    3. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (DJ Pierre Remix)

The multi touchpad sounds interesting for some interesting control over software, the only problem with it is that your touching your pc, which you really want to avoid at all costs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast