Filter knob mapping change for VCI-100 f/w1.3 and Traktor Pro.
    Tech Convert

Default Filter knob mapping change for VCI-100 f/w1.3 and Traktor Pro.

After a bit of time away from my VCI I finally had a bit of time this week to play about with it. I'm using the DJTT 2.4 map and still learning my way around it but I've found one thing I'd really like to change. Bear with me while I try to explain and excuse me if the terminology is wrong:

The filter is mapped to the fourth EQ knob on each side, which has a centre detent. Currently, the half turn each side of the centre position does a full high pass to low pass sweep of the filter effect, in essence either halving the resolution of the knob, or doubling it's sensitivity, depending on how you look at it.

What I would like is the centre position to be off, left side for low pass and right side for high pass. I've had a look in the mapping section of Traktor but it just seems to tell me that deck A filter is mapped to Channel 1, CC 023, affected by modifier 4, but nothing about signal range or what to do with the signal.

Can anyone give me any pointers on what I need to do or where I should look for a 101 on Traktor/VCI mapping?

Thanks in advance!

(Btw I've tried several search terms over the past half hour and not found anything)

Tech Mentor

It's complicated but easily do-able.

Center click sends a midi message - use this with a direct command to reset the filter position to 0. This is necessary because you're about to control the filter sweep with relative control, and that doesn't always reliably reset to 0 in the middle when you think it should.

Left to the click and right to the click send different midi cc messages. You have to use the relative knob/fader mode in the mapping panel and set it to something around 70% iirc. Duplicate that for the right channel, and turn "inverted" on for one of those (can't remember which one off the top of my head, but it's pretty obvious when you invert the wrong one and takes less than 5 seconds to figure out)

Tech Convert

Thanks, I'll give that a go.
    One more bit of hand holding for the noob though; should I try and edit what's already there or delete them and start fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by milltown View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a go.
    One more bit of hand holding for the noob though; should I try and edit what's already there or delete them and start fresh?
    Id delete it and start fresh, you will learn some handy knowledge as opposed to just messing with Eans mapping until you get it working - it will also show you why Ean did it like he has and hopefully give you some skills for doing other stuff using this technique.