Does this work?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this work?

Tech Mentor

Default Does this work?

Out of interest would it be possible to setup a xone 42 and two 1d's as a complete setup for traktor? I presume an audio 4 would be needed, but is it possible?

Tech Guru

yes you would have to put the right settings in traktors preferences and imo i would go for the kontrol x1 instead of A&H 1D
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Guru

Ive been thinking of a similar set up. Was looking at Xone 92, but it was a bit out of my price range. For four decks you would need an Audio 4 or 8?

Santos - why do you recommend the X1? I've been seeing alot of folks selling these lately. My only worry is that without at least one, you have no jog wheel to search or scroll?

Tech Guru

they have dedicated buttons for such check out these videos: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...or-kontrol-x1/

and currently I have 2x Pioneer CDJ 1000's & Im definately going to add an Kontrol X1 to my set-up but i might eventually sell my cdjs and buy 2 x1's
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Guru

^^ What I meant to say was that I've seen alot of folks selling their 1D's after the X1's have been out. I'll check out the vids now.

what do you think about mixers with built in effects rather than one without and using soley TP effects?

Tech Guru

personally i use a DJM 800 and i use both built in effects and i mapped 2 of my channels for traktors effects.... tracktors effects are REALLY good but i still love the classic feel of my built-in... i guess it goes by preference

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the help!

Haze im with you on the 1d, I like the fact they have jog wheels and some nice faders. A plus also in my mind is you can make your own mapping and overlay.

Tech Guru

yeah the jog wheels are my biggest concern. I dont think they are touch sensitive --- wonder how you can scroll thur a track if you have not set a cue point.

I was over on the NI forum and there was a post talking about guys who were using the X1 when it first came out and have gone back to the 1D. Hawtin being one of them.

Tech Guru

on hawtins most recent gig he used the kontrol x1

Tech Mentor

For 4 deck control which of these would work?

Auido 4, Audio 8, Audio Kontrol 1?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast