How to get deck A and B effects to work?
    Tech Convert

Default How to get deck A and B effects to work?

Hi,

my vci-100 1.2 lets the effects only to work with the master channel. It selects the decks A and B, but doesn't turn the effects on.

Could someone be so kind to help me with that problem?

All good,
    Joosep

Look on the upper right hand side there is a button that says "EFFECT PARAMETER" Its gives you the option of doing effects on A, B, or Master. That should do the trick. If you want to get into advance effects looking into upgrading ur firmware to version 1.3...check out the store its worth the $20 USD

Let us know if it worked?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

The EFFECT PARAMETER knob allready I know, it works fine, changes and makes decks A, B and master active.

What doesn't it do? - It doesn't turn on the effects on if I change the EFFECT PARAMETER to deck A or B. But if it's master, then it works fine like it should.

I'v tryed all the upgrade .tks files (1.3 and 1.4), but it doesn't make any difference

IHave you tried the "Effects" button between the EQs for each deck?
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Tech Convert

Yes, it makes the decks active, but if I turn the knobs, it doesn't turn the effect "on"...

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    IHave you tried the "Effects" button between the EQs for each deck?

OK.. as Bento would say.. "Lets get this straight..."

In the photo JesC posted it shows the Effects parameter button.. where you choose which deck you want to assign the effect to, or just assign it to Master.

Right next to it, you have the Effect Select...to choose the FX you want to use.

In firmware v1.2 (Unless you have an SE or layout) - You look at the Traktor screen, so you can view which effect you are selecting with the "Effects Select". While changing between the effects, you should see the leds lit below the knobs in the Effects area.

You just turn the knobs as desired to change the FX parameters.

P.S. - If you have v1.2 make sure you have the correct .tks file.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Ok...so thats button maked HERE...if to choose the deck A, B, Master. Underneath the knobs are more buttons press them, it should cycle thru the effects.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

Sorry, I was away for some days, but now I'v tried all the .tks versions and the effects for decks A and B still dont work.

Thanks for everyone that have answerd to my problem, but maybe I haven't explaned this situation quite good, because the anwers don't seem to catch my problem.

The effect knobs and puttons seem to be working, but only for the MASTER (so it can't be anything wrong with them).

The putton that changes the effects source (A, B & Master) works also fine, because from Traktor I can see that the effect fields go active for decks A, B & Master (so this should also be ok).

So what dosn't it do? - It doesn't turn the effects "ON" for decks A and B. For master everithing works fine - all the knobs turn and all puttons and effects work correctly.
    Then if I change the effect source to deck A or B, non of the knobs
    turn on the screen, the puttons don't work - I can't turn the effects "ON" nor can I change the effects (but with Master all the same functions seem to work all fine).

So I think that the problem can't be in the knobs or puttons, because they give a fine connection for the Master.

Could it be that the computer doesn't read the .tks files all right? Is it possible for me to program these function manually under the hotkeys?

All good to you guys,
    Volkmann

Tech Convert

Sry guys, I loaded the tks files in to the hotkey not to the midi setup.

Now it's all good, thanks for Your suport!!