Hot cue help with Traktor and padKontrol mapping

Default Hot cue help with Traktor and padKontrol mapping

Hi Folks,

long time lurker, but I've finally got a vci-100 and a padKontrol.

I've managed to get my VCI-100 setup, but I'm trying to map out my padKontrol in Traktor Pro so I could set it up much like a midi fighter. I'd like to be able to have hot cues setup so I can do beat juggling, but I'm really struggling with the controller manager. I have tried a bunch of things, but can't get it setup right.

I'd like to have the padkontrol to have a shift button so I could use one of the pads to select a hot cue point as well as play and delete.

Any suggestions? I've been scouring the net, but my google-fu is not so strong at the moment.

Thanks gang.

Are you midi and very low end programming capable? If so, check out Farmpad from farmaudio.com. This will be all you ever need for the padKontrol to get shift functions, because in it's original state, the padKontrol is not very conducive to Traktor mappings. From there just take the mappings they have posted for the midi fighter, and use farmpad to create a midi fighter out of the padKontrol.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    Are you midi and very low end programming capable? If so, check out Farmpad from farmaudio.com. This will be all you ever need for the padKontrol to get shift functions, because in it's original state, the padKontrol is not very conducive to Traktor mappings. From there just take the mappings they have posted for the midi fighter, and use farmpad to create a midi fighter out of the padKontrol.

So I understand basic midi and get a rough idea of how to map out, but I'm not super awesome at knowing all the details. I'm not really big on programming and I'm willing to learn, but it seems pretty daunting to just get this padKontrol setup so I can use the pads for hotcue setting, deleting and cueing. Would love to be able to use the other buttons too, but this may be way over my head. Any tips or pointers? I'd hate to give up on this, but once I got farmpad running, I went into Traktor and wasn't really able to get it to do what I had hoped.

I was in the same boat when I started, and that's basically what it takes, is just sitting down with it and learning it. Once you learn the programming and MIDI controls, then you can tailor it to what you want it to do. With farmad, the possibilities are nearly endless for customization. My suggestions are to read the readme file that comes with farmpad, and keep everything really organized. Start with basic stuff, and go from there. I could send you my farmpad txt to look at, but it wouldn't really do your midi mapping any good unless you had bomes.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2