Tha Futur of Scratching
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tha Futur of Scratching

Button Mashing/Cue+Fx style scratching is going to happen. let tha haters hate & the old-timers, as Method man said "wind up like your old dad, tryin to re-live tha glory days he never had"

The record/controller/wheel/surface moving forms of scratch will mix with the button masshing and everyone will become a scratcher.

So step up and boo-hoo if that's your style, but if you're ready to embrace the new stuff(with much grats and prop to EG), allow me to congratulate you on your open-mindedness and also tell you that you ain't alone.

If you want to keep scratching in the old record move+crossfader way, the at least find a secondary control to spice up the sound. i recommend "key"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBMBkAuNEE

As always, that ain't my "the best I've ever done, everybody look at my skills type of vid." It's simple, to show what's going on to the noobs among us.(since they are the most likely to embrace new style anyway)

nice man, cool way of using key.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Nice. Looks like those Stantons are fun to mix with.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

I find delay works nice when your scratching, the beatmasher works good to sample your scratching too.

If you wanna get crazy there are other fx you can layer too, but then your definantly not getting into the more traditional hip hop sounds and the sounds become more useful for other styles of music... like scratching to psytrance =D

Tech Wizard

the 'old school haters' will stop hating when scratch dj's utilizing modern technology prove its worth. while some have, this video doesnt. keep practicing, but expect people to hate on the sound first--the technology second.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I find delay works nice when your scratching, the beatmasher works good to sample your scratching too.

If you wanna get crazy there are other fx you can layer too, but then your definantly not getting into the more traditional hip hop sounds and the sounds become more useful for other styles of music... like scratching to psytrance =D
    YOU SEE!!!!

Its catching on!!!

Scratching to Psy has always been something i wanted to do....since the day I started DJing.

All my mates who produce laughed at me!!!

Now who's laughin.....

YEAH ....the delay works great!...get the echoed off vibe.....

Thanks for mentioning that Bento!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by kaib0rg View Post
    the 'old school haters' will stop hating when scratch dj's utilizing modern technology prove its worth. while some have, this video doesnt. keep practicing, but expect people to hate on the sound first--the technology second.
    hate to bother you with TECH-y rubbish on a site like this, which is dedicated to clinging to tradition.
    I'm sooo sorry I wasn't able to impress you after 2 DAYS of Practice.
    btw,
    my computers acting up again, it can't seem to follow the link to your vids

Now, on to something more interesting....my friend who works for Stanton and I are having this discussion about "playing chords via a turntable"
    i think it's possbile with the SCS to play chords from the scratch surface using 3 decks in Traktor for the notes, with all 3 controlled by one SCS3D.

Anybody have any experience trying this? Or if ya just wanna bust out the typical "you're a dumbass" type comments, those are fine too

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Thanks for mentioning that Bento!
    When scratching psy i like to get a micro loop (smaller than 1/32 - i get this by using the loop /2 feature). Use beatmasher + delay + some other effects if your feeling like it and go crazy - you can definitely get some crazy psytrance suitable sounds happening

@Drimachus - Kaiborg just doesnt like your performance but he thinks the idea is alright - dont take it to heart too badly

Default what do ya know, we agree on something

i LOVE scratching micro-loops too. looped backspins too

yeees...yeees...YEES. scratching is taking over techtools. all you mix djs and your vci100 mapped to 4 decks on two different computers with 4 midifighters butt buddies are in for trouble! lol jkjk! i just love all the jive about scratching on this site these days. cool stuff drimachus
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast