Not Strictly DJ Related - Lady Gaga Heartbeats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Not Strictly DJ Related - Lady Gaga Heartbeats

So my lady wants some Gaga Heartbeats, and she can get them for cheap ($15-$20), but I want to make sure they're not either:

A. Complete crap for build quality
    B. Complete crap for sound quality

Does anybody have any experience with these shiny things? I am unable to find any solid numerical information anywhere about their frequency response or anything. Reviews all pretty much say "overpowering/muddy low-end" (not a big deal, she's a casual listener), "decent frequency response" (decent is not a number, how can I compare these to other 'phones?), "shiny, classy" and all that jazz.

Is there anyone out there who can get me solid specifications on them? They seem to be the only audio product out there besides generics from Radio Shack that don't have any listed specs. It's driving me up the flippin' wall.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

DJ ATP

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, mate. If your misses want's 'em, grab some. Sounds like she's more interested in the Gaga bit than the actual tech specs. If she'd rather have some non-celebrity endorsed equivalent that work better, get her that instead.

By the way - I have NO IDEA what Gaga Heartbeats are...

Don't forget. Women would pay DOUBLE for a pink toaster.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Just for the price this deal is a no-brainer. 120$ up on the website!

I wouldn't expect too much from these sound-quality wise. But if she's only a casual listener there are no problems.

disclaimer: I don't own these

edit: I also agree with the post above me! lol

i bought them for my gf. she likes them and the sound quality is pretty damn good. i bought them for 100 so if you can get them for 15-20 that should be a no brainer. most cheap, shitty earphones are that much. i would say get several and sell them for twice that amount =D

do they make her sound better?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    lolololololol

she's got a penis ya know.... that might have something to do with the sound haha

as for the headphones, i personally think they're garbage, all hype, just like beats by dre
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

I got the beats by Dre and they are amazing so the quality by monster has impressed me
    S4 Macbook Sennheiser hd25-1 ii #Winning

They're made by Monster Cable, so I'm guessing that the hardware is all good quality, at least.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Wizard

Well cool then. Thanks for the quick replies, I guess we'll be getting them, and I'll add my report to this thread once they arrive.

And we did pay double for the toaster. That was my choice, btw. But it's RED. That makes it go faster.

Also it has buttons. I like buttons. I wonder if I can toast-juggle with them. Haven't tried that yet. Might need to write a custom firmware. :P

But as for the headphones, I'll just have to hope they're not fakes from China, but that's a legitimate concern about just about any discounted piece of hardware online these days.

By the way, does anybody seem to know of a (free) program that could test these and figure out a basic spec on them? I don't know how that would work, but it would be hella neat if they could do that. I'm just curious as to the frequency response range and impedance, but if it comes down to it, I'll just listen to the same file through both my MDR-V700s and the Heartbeats and report back on how they compare, though it will still just be conjecture and opinion, and not really solid specs.

Also, my lady says Gaga's not going to put her penis in you, so you should stop being jealous. I love this girl.

Best Regards,

ATP
    Last edited by DJ ATP; 03-15-2010 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    I lol'd.

Those are sexy. I'm DJing with those. I'm sorry, but it really doesn't get more girly than that.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast