Facebook Pages
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Pages

Tech Mentor

Default Facebook Pages

So im looking to start a facebook fan page so I can try and gain a sort of following. I know that all my friends will join, so I could say to clubs etc. look how many fans I have on facebook, lots of them will come see me play. I think I can confidently get 100 people or maybe more. Does anyone have any tips on what I should include etc or want to link me to theirs so I can check some out?

Cheers

social networking is a great and free way to do just that, network. however, with my little experience it doesnt seem like promoters around here (california) care at all about how many facebook fans or soundcloud listens you have. they are still more interested in hearing your mix. so basically i would approach these networking avenues as a centralized place for your material and any communication concerning your material. not as an audience pool.

just my 2 cents

also if you haven't already checked

soundcloud.com

mixcloud.com

those are two great sites to post your mixes and productions....good luck

You can put a soundcloud player on your page, very handy and it gives you somewhere else to spam your mixes.
    Link your youtube and twiter accounts to facebook also then you can update yer fan pages etc on the go.
    Last edited by Jester; 03-15-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Yer thats kind of what I was going for too, just a place not necessarily to show promoters etc. just a place where people can contact me, and also to let people know what I do, with mixes and stuff. Ive got a soundcloud account with 1 mix on there so far so I was gonna throw that up there. Thing is where Im from everyone knows everyone and there is a lack of dj's so hopefully if i get my name out there people will begin to talk!

Tech Wizard

i would also sign up to iLike. its an artists promotion page that syncs up with myspace but can also be put as a tab on your facebook fan page. check mine out if you want

https://www.facebook.com/andyspencemusic

the beauty of iLike is that if you sign up with your artists name you can then use it to go sell music on itunes. just look at how other people (pro's) have got their's set up and use some of what they have but then find a way to make yours appealing as well.

KISS
    Keep It Simple Stupid.

go nuts

=D
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

also you can post a vid to your fanpage, share it and voila .. free advertising on your main page
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i just checked this out. ilike seems cool, but in order for you to sell your music, you have to BUY distribution and airplay etc. i dunno if im missing something... but for someone just starting... it sounds like a waste of money? (the tunecore part)

Tech Mentor

Would appreciate greatly if people could become a fan of me on facebook. I have just create the page though so not much content yet http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJBaz

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ibarry View Post
    Would appreciate greatly if people could become a fan of me on facebook. I have just create the page though so not much content yet http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJBaz

Cheers
    linky no worky?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast