Buying Gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Gear

Tech Convert

Default Buying Gear

IM a newbie and i dont have shit. I play around with virtual dj but i know thats not good enough. Can someone help me and name me some great setups. I'm working on getting a macbook pro and then what else. Please help me

Tech Mentor

Whats your budget and what type of music will you play? Do you want to scratch?

Tech Convert

well i use a lot of different music. I have a sorta low budget im a teen lol but i have a pretty good salary. i think scratching wouldnt be one of my top priorities. I'd like it to be digital djing im thinking about getting the VCi 100 SE but i have to make the money

Where it comes down to is set yourself a budget of what you think you can realistically obtain. And then figure out exactly what you want to do, and see what fits your budget as far as controllers + audio interface + software is concerned.

try a bcd3000. its a basic controller with a build in soundcard for low money (eg used from ebay). if you dig the mixing/midi stuff you will soon want to upgrade and can get better stuff.. search for it on the forums..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    try a bcd3000. its a basic controller with a build in soundcard for low money (eg used from ebay). if you dig the mixing/midi stuff you will soon want to upgrade and can get better stuff.. search for it on the forums..
    This is exactly what I did.

I didn't know whether I'd take to DJing, so bought a BCD3000 and learnt how to play on that. Then I upgraded to a VCI100SE and AK1 soundcard.

No point having alll the whizzy kit and not knowing how to use it.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Traktor Pro. NI Audio 2. VC1-100 SE.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    second that! did it exactly the same way
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    second that! did it exactly the same way
    I third that.... Hercules Mk 2....now ugrading to vci-100 arcade, and buying a new laptop haha.

Tech Convert

Thnks people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast