Aphex Twins Style Timestreching effect in traktor & ableton???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Aphex Twins Style Timestreching effect in traktor & ableton???

Does anyone know how to achieve a time-stretching effect in ableton and or traktor on the fly with a knob. I can obviously achieve this by doing some pre-production to clips in ableton, but I was curious if there is a combo of effects or a max patch that will do the same. Perhaps a midi mapping technique?

Bento?

Anyone?

If anyone knows how to do this with a combo of effects in traktor that would be cool too.

Thanks.

Have you got an audio example of exactly what your after ? There are lots of time scretching techniques - even a simple key change knob is a time stretching effect

Tech Mentor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0atND2i0-ww

Sorry for the long vid, but this one reproduces the effect the best to my knowledge your going to have to skip to 5:41

Thanks
    Bento or anyone else listening.

Aphex Twin = 666 BPM. Good luck.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You can make a reaaaaaaaly small loop then just move it fowards or backwards.

Personally in Traktor i do it like this, i drop a loop and keep halving it - then ill * the end of the loop by 2 then / the start of the loop (or the other way around) - if you have this mapped out to a couple arcade button your can quickly move and and forth through the loop to get a similar sort of effect to this.

You could get the same effect making a small loop (smaller than 1/32) by using the /2 loop end command (this required a tripple macro) then use the fine move loop commands if you have them mapped to travel through the sample.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I figured i could do it with loops, but I was trying to figure out a way to do it so that the audio would keep moving. so that I can time the drop of the chorus while applying the effect.

And to be honest, I really wanted to know how to do it in ableton, but having the effect in traktor would be nice as well.

I have figured out how to do it with effectrix, using a midi dummy clip to trigger the effect, but again it's wishy washy. It would be nice to have a knob that functioned as an effect that would keep the audio running.

Can't you create that buzz using one of the parameters in the beat slicer effect?
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    Yeah I figured i could do it with loops, but I was trying to figure out a way to do it so that the audio would keep moving. so that I can time the drop of the chorus while applying the effect.
    If you use a loop to achieve that effect you can just hit a cue point to get to the right moment. traktor exits the loop when jumping to a cue point

beatmasher with the 'rot'* parameter (2nd parameter), get the loop size down to 1/32 then move the 'rp' from 0 to 100.

*i assume this is short for rotation?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Nice one Brad.

Sounds good to me. Anyone else know how to get this with Ableton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast