Remix Contest for the Makers of Sense

Default Remix Contest for the Makers of Sense

The Makers of Sense, an up-and-coming electronic production duo that fuses unusually warm electronica, hip hop, house, trance, dub, and live instrumentation, are calling for remixes of their tracks “Much Further” and “I know U want me” to compete in the Makers of Sense Remix Contest.

The winning entry will be included in the Makers of Sense’s debut album “Out of the Box”, to be released in November 2008 with national and international distribution. The remix will be professionally mastered at The Beat Bank’s expense. Selected artist(s) will receive full credits on the album cover and in any promotional or press material.

As an additional prize, the winning artist(s) will receive ten (10) free copies of the Makers of Sense “Out of the Box” album and his/her choice of one of the following two new professional-quality headphones: the Sennheiser HD280Pro Headphones or the M-Audio IE10 Reference Earphones.

In addition to the entry selected for the album, one remix artist will be chosen from the area around several major US-cities (including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and others) and major European cities to be invited to perform as an opening act in the release tour, scheduled to start December 2008.

We are mainly interested in club and dance oriented remixes that are appealing to DJs, but we also welcome creative submissions in any other style. There is no limit to the number of remixes that can be submitted per artist.

Participants must download the component tracks of either of the following two singles, Much Further or I know U want me, from The Beat Bank’s website: www.thebeatbank.net. Submitted remixes should use the provided tracks and samples, together with any additional musical elements that the participant artist wishes to include, for which he/she must have full rights of use. The winning artist(s) must agree to grant non-exclusive rights to publish, distribute, and promote the selected remix as part of the “Out of the Box” album.

All participants entering the contest with an original remix will receive, upon request, a clearance agreement by The Beat Bank and Makers of Sense granting them full legal rights to publish, distribute, license or perform their remix, and to retain 100% of the resulting profits.

I Know U Want Me:
    http://www.imeem.com/groups/WL2vKGxE...now_u_want_me/

Much Further:
    http://www.imeem.com/groups/WL2vKGxE..._much_further/

Where to Submit Remix:
    http://www.sonicbids.com/MakersofSenseRemixContest

Tech Guru

Looks interesting. Will submit something for sure :]

Perhaps a dubstep or bassline/fidget remix.