What do i do if laptop crashes?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default What do i do if laptop crashes?

i use the m-audio fast track pro sound card, and whilst practising my computer froze which it does do occasionally. it made me realise that i cant plug an ipod into the fast track pro with out computer power so what should i do if computer crashes while performing?? will an external power supply for sound card help??

Why can't you plug the ipod into the clubs external mixer if you're performing?

I always have my ipod on standby whenever I play out even though my mac has never crashed.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Student

sorry i meant like doing house parties. clubs aren't an issue cos you can chuck in a cd if worst comes to worst.

Without trying to be sarcastic......get a Mac.

No crash.....well...it hasn't crashed on my yet......and I have had 2.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

I use a PC, and mine never crashed in any clubs....yet. Look for the blogpost streamline your PC. Some of it is very useful although I even tend not to to all those things. I just turn of my wireless internet, put my computer on high performance, exit all unused programs, turn off antivirus, turn off screensaver, and then I run my traktor through boomes and loop BE1(check forum posts for this). Seems to do the job. I don't bring my I pod but there is always usually a cdj laying around with CD's in them. maybe I should start brinigng my Ipod for reassurance...

And I myself am not using the most expensive laptop around.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

nice article on this one:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/04/1...way/#more-1265

keep it safe!

Always have a Plan B
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

have fun standing there with no backup when your mac fails. all hardware fails, i haven't see any proof that mac hardware fails less then pc hardware....
    Last edited by charo; 03-19-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Tech Mentor

you need to benchmark the hell out of your system. i spent like 3 weeks making sure my setup was rock solid. ive never had a crash and never had any latency issues (since benchmarking)

just to be sure to face all possibilities, there are countless reasons a computer might stop working aside from OS optimization and stability.

for example keeping the computer dust free, and the fans unobstructed will reduce the chance of an overheat.

other things you can't really do much about. hardware fails eventually, and some computers are lemons from the get go.

i'm with lethal: always have a plan B.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast