AUDIO LATENCY in Traktor Pro??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

OK Case closed !!!

the difference between playing out on 5ms latency and 15ms latency is not as relevant as having inconsistent latency, say one time you hit the button and its 4ms and the next time you hit the button you get 15ms.

humans can deal well with consistent latencies, even if they are on the higher side, you just adapt to it....
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Oh and FYI, even CDJs have some latency, as they are essentially doing the same thing as your VCI computer combo, ie processing a digital data source, timestretching it if appropriate and then spitting out audio.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

You should never have clipping when using Traktor NEVER.

K
    what is that CLIPPING?
    my tracks usually have 99db.i use igain to pump up the volume of tracks.

Default An example of clipping in traktor.

Last edited by Jester; 03-20-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You should put the Audio 2 volume up full and set Traktors Master at around 0:00db or a little above.

Leave yourself some mixing room on the upfaders so have them around 60%.

This will give you a good clean sound. You should then adjust the mixer to get the volume you need.
    Hi Carlos, thanks for this. I have the same setup as OP. Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ, VCI-100SE + a Macbook. When I play in clubs I have the Audio2DJ up full, but I keep the Traktor master volume a bit lower. I adjust the volume on the club mixer. I like to mix with my upfaders at the top, I think it would be a bit weird to have them at 60% - is this wrong?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah its down to personal taste but if your mixing on the VCI with your upfaders at the top how do you actually mix tracks in and out if you have no fader room?

I guess your mixing internally with the VCI.

Do you mix with the gain knobs ?

Tech Wizard

Sorry what I meant was that when I'm mixing, I have the upfaders at full when I want the tune at full volume. I still mix using the upfaders. It was just that you said keep the upfaders at 60% - so do you not put them any higher than 60% at all when mixing?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ah yeah get ya.
    I dont tend to have the faders at the top mainly because t i always like to have some room for compensation if the Auto Gain in Traktor doesnt quite get it right (which it can from time to time).
    Also some tracks have quiet bits that just need an extra bit of volume.

60% was just a guideline to start with

I never seem to have an issue with getting enough volume in the clubs so like to keep a bit of head room on the faders.

Tech Convert

my master volume only can go to -10db without touching the red marker, what do i do wrong?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast