AUDIO LATENCY in Traktor Pro??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Mongala, I'm with you...

Quote Originally Posted by saidancer View Post
    Being a good DJ doesn't necessarily mean understanding the technology and the science of it all.
    Are you serious? What kind of DJ are you??? That sort of rubbish is what I hear kid wannabes say. Of course you need to know about the science and technology of the industry to be good. That's the problem with the industry today, is an influx on arrogant people who think they don't need to know about these things, which are important.

You're telling me you don't need to know what the fuck you are using or doing to be good? Who are you kidding? If you don't know the science with it I think you two better start doing you're homework or get another career. I spent enough time gaining the PROPER knowledge about all these things to become as comprehensive as I am today without the need or want for people who think they can just "wing it" and be good without knowing anything about the fundamentals trashing the industry.

First post and you come in with a necrobump flame like that? That's not really what this community is about mate.

And it's generally accepted that at least 50% of being a good DJ is good track selection. You can rock the place with an iPod if you want (not that I'm saying you should), you don't have to know everything inside out. Latency can be a confusing subject for some and I don't think anyone appreciates that attitude.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Well don't dance close to the fire if you don't want to get burnt. I can comfortably say that that 50% is not correct either with regards to purely track selection. Look at people like Sven Vath, Frankie Knuckles, David Guetta, etc for example.

I know many similar people to these and I tell you this from experience.

Latency may be a confusing subject, yes, but to make a statement such as not needing to know ANYTHING about the science and technology is not good either. There is a big difference to not knowing and fluffing the need to understand off.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPOnline View Post
    Are you serious? What kind of DJ are you??? That sort of rubbish is what I hear kid wannabes say. Of course you need to know about the science and technology of the industry to be good. That's the problem with the industry today, is an influx on arrogant people who think they don't need to know about these things, which are important.

You're telling me you don't need to know what the fuck you are using or doing to be good? Who are you kidding? If you don't know the science with it I think you two better start doing you're homework or get another career. I spent enough time gaining the PROPER knowledge about all these things to become as comprehensive as I am today without the need or want for people who think they can just "wing it" and be good without knowing anything about the fundamentals trashing the industry.
    Some of the greatest DJs in the world wouldnt know one end of a laptop from the other.

Be careful of making sweeping statements that only count for your own experience. It makes you sound like a teenager full of his own sense of self importance.

Open your eyes, theres a whole world outside your own.

Tone down the attitude a little though dude.
    And to use your words, if your flame burns too hot... i will put it out.

Welcome to the forum.
    Stay friendly

The aim of this forum is to help people understand, not hate on them for not understanding. If someone asks how latency works, they should get an answer. There may be a little teasing, and directions to read the manual, but personal attacks are unwarranted.

He didn't say he didn't need to know ANYTHING, that's just what you inferred, I think he just meant that you can still make a good set without knowing all the intricacies of the program. It's entirely possible that you could spend quite some time using Traktor and never have anything to do with latency because it's never been an issue.

I spend a fair amount of my time answering questions on this forum, some of which are noobish and others not, and sometimes it gets frustrating because the same basic questions get asked over and over, but again that's no reason to launch personal attacks on people. Especially since you only joined the forum today, so it's not like you've been answering these questions for ages.

On the other point, shit music perfectly mixed is still shit music.

Keep it chilled, most of us are pretty friendly here
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Some of the greatest DJs in the world wouldnt know one end of a laptop from the other.

Be careful of making sweeping statements that only count for your own experience. It makes you sound like a teenager full of his own sense of self importance.

Open your eyes, theres a whole world outside your own.

Tone down the attitude a little though dude.
    And to use your words, if your flame burns too hot... i will put it out.

Welcome to the forum.
    Stay friendly

Is anyone actually reading the relation between what this regards too in the original post? Apparently yes, I just read your other reply.

The aim of this forum is to help people understand, not hate on them for not understanding. Yes this is true, but he did post "Being a good DJ doesn't necessarily mean understanding the technology and the science of it all."

If this is for understanding, that is not good advice. Yes, if someone asks how latency works, they should get an answer. There may be a little teasing, and directions to read the manual, but personal attacks are unwarranted. Yes this is also true, however, they should get the right answer.

He didn't say he didn't need to know ANYTHING, that's just what you inferred, I think he just meant that you can still make a good set without knowing all the intricacies of the program. It's entirely possible that you could spend quite some time using Traktor and never have anything to do with latency because it's never been an issue.

In this case I was not referring to JUST Traktor, but more as a reference to an overall approach to performing.

Also, I joined this forum today, because I spotted this while I was searching for something else, and I always find it frustrating seeing people make stupid comments like that that only go to act in a detrimental way towards what could be an otherwise good pathway for some.

Yes shit music mixed is still shit music too. But over to silly questions. They are one thing and are fine to be answered. People who either give them rubbish advice or take the piss from them for asking is not good at all either.

From my initial post, my own concerns, were with the likes of Saiddancer, not the question asker. This would be noticed if this forum was read properly before a lecture on what people would consider a "personal attack", which this is not.

This I would like to consider more a eye-opener to people to consider before they answer a question.

When I learnt to play and learnt from some of the best, it was by far one of the most emotionally and mentally challenging times of my life, and they never ever held back. I like to think that if I can, I could at least warn some of you what's out there, before you get grilled like we did. Know it before it happens and you'll rock the house!

***THE END****

Don't think of it as a lecture, just friendly advice. We all want to get along here

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude... just keep it friendly.
    Your first post was arrogant.
    Your reply to fullenglishpint about getting burned was arrogant.

If you think you have something to contribute then thats great but dont assume you are talking to people who need a lesson.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The problem with comparing the way it used to be and the way it is now is that now to understand the technology you need to understand computer programing. The way it used to be If you could take apart your 1200 and solder a connection on you're mixer you were a tech guru.

Just as it was then, track selection and PRACTICE is what makes you a good dj now. Whether or not you can program in Hex or know all of Traktor's midi commands by heart really have nothing to do with it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

exactly ... i've met many a "tech head" who know a lot more about traktor/ableton/mapping etc than myself but tbh they are some of the shittest dj's i've ever met ... and they dont even play dubstep *ducks*

+ 1,000,000 on fundamentals over technology
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast