Sampling Software?
    Tech Convert

Default Sampling Software?

Okay, I know how to sample..I load a song into my DAW and then usually just go to the very first beat of the song and cut out the kick.

My question is, does anyone know what software I could use to map that kick to my midi controller keys so that I can easily make a beat faster?

Right now what I do is sample the kick and copy and paste it over and over till I finally make a beat that I want. Very time consuming.

Thanks!

well it depends on your DAW. I used Audition to cut my samples, recycle to chop and reason to play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VxJmtce-s4
    thats me btw

shortcircuit is a freeware software sampler that would do what you are asking. what DAW are you using? they might have a built-in sampler you could be using for this
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Convert

Thats a hot track man!

And I Literally just bought Logic 9...so I'm a little bit overwhelmed.

Hahaha! Logic has the best sampler ever man! and you are copying the beats? You should start with something less complicated.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

apple really stepped up their editing in logic 9 (flex time, anyone?), spend as long as you can getting to know the ins and outs of it and you will fall deeply in love. you have some built in samplers:

EXS24 - good sampler, not too complex
    Ultrabeat (personal favorite) - crazy sampler, bit more complex, but with a better GUI than the EXS imo, makes it a lot easier to put your samples where you want on your midi keyboard.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition