quick help required!! urgent
    Tech Wizard

Default quick help required!! urgent

hi guys,

i usually use an audio 8 dj and TSP with vinyl. Tonight my mate has called on me to take his place for one of his sets. He uses CDJS. do I connect my audio 8 the exact same way as with vinyl turntables?? do i need to flick the switch on the mixer to line input??
    once i've done this do i just change the control medium in TSP to CDs??

finally, when it comes to swapping over djs alll the others use just cds and no timecode how best would this be done?
    2 x Technics 1210 mk2, 2 x Ortofon Concorde Pro S, Ecler Nuo 2.0, Sennheiser HD-25 II, VCI-100 SE, Audio 8 DJ, Traktor Scratch Pro

http://soundcloud.com/jainsy/jainsy-...from-this-week

Quote Originally Posted by jainsy View Post
    hi guys,

i usually use an audio 8 dj and TSP with vinyl. Tonight my mate has called on me to take his place for one of his sets. He uses CDJS. do I connect my audio 8 the exact same way as with vinyl turntables?? do i need to flick the switch on the mixer to line input??
    once i've done this do i just change the control medium in TSP to CDs??

finally, when it comes to swapping over djs alll the others use just cds and no timecode how best would this be done?
    yes, just imagine that instead CDs you have TTs in front of you - so cabling is ever same ... just switch vinyl to CD on your A8.

assuming you have NI multicore cables: you plug everything like you are used to do, but plug the RCA ends that says "mixer TT/CD" to unused channel on the mixer (like normally you play from channels 1 and 2, and this way you let other Djs use channels 3 and 4)... you need to plug those into line only, do not plug CD signal into phono on the mixer.

hope this helps.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII