Two X1's on the way - Now what mixer??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Two X1's on the way - Now what mixer??

Found two X1's in a Guitar Center in GA. They should arrive on Wednesday!

Now im on the hunt for an external mixer. Really had my hopes set on a Xone 92, but its well above my price range. Trying to do this on a tight budget so have been looking at some used gear or B-Stock items. Figured i'd order the Xone 42, Pro Audio has 2 B-stock ones for 675.00. Thats more in my range, but now I have seen some Ecler Nuo 4's in the 500-600 range. I enjoy using filters when I transition and think the 42 is a good fit, but saving some money would be great as well. Looked at the Pioneers and I think the 600 is the only one in my price range.

Any thoughts?

Tech Mentor

Im sure you already know my vote! But yer I would go for the xone as I think it is one of the sexiest mixers out there!

the 600 or xone are the industry standard so thats your answer.
    Traktor pro 1.2.4, Behringer bcd 3000, kontrol x1, DJTT midifighter, audio 4, hd-25's, Korg nanopad(for sale, pm for details), Sony Vaio vista 3gb dual core, 250 HD

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Boxocube View Post
    the 600 or xone are the industry standard so thats your answer.

well thats just plain BAD advice! the 600 is a TERRIBLE mixer for the money! Either go xone or the ecler, although if i had the choice id go with the xone42.

Tech Guru

There is way better mixers than the DJM-600 for the price, it was a standard a long time ago, but the industry has made considerable advancements since those days.

My bigger question is what you plan on doing for a sound card?. Those mixers don't have that.

Tech Guru

i have an Audio 8.

Tech Guru

Gotcha, well if that's the case, I can personally vouch for the Ecler Nuo 4, absolutely fantastic manufacturer, great quality and features, I have nothing but good things to say about them in general

I've also heard great things about the Xone 42, so I would say those two choices are a good start.

Tech Mentor

doesn't the xone 42 just have those four dinky lights instead of a proper level meter on the faders? nuo 4 is an excellent mixer too, although I will say I have a weird obsession with allen and heath and really want to own one of their mixers at some point. djm 600 is a def no.

(is too tired to look up picture of xone 42)

Tech Guru

yeah I think im gonna order the 42 in the morning.

http://www.skratchworx.com/images/Al...xone42_top.jpg

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Id be pissed off if i found a DJM-600.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast