Keyboard Upgrade

Default Keyboard Upgrade

I picked up a Oxygen 49 v3 a little while ago as I wanted more keys than the 25 I also have. In Reason, I now have the 25 routed to Redrum and use the 49 as the master.

Yesterday, while I was working on a song, the 49th key crapped out. I phoned the store today and they don't have any more in stock... But I was considering using this opportunity to upgrade. They have an Axiom 49, Remote SL Mk2 and Edirol PCR 500 in stock. I know of the Axiom and the Remote but know nothing of the Edirol.

After having played with the Oxy 49 and 25, I realize that I use the mouse before the knobs/sliders as I don't like having to "find" the control position every time I change instrument or mapping. I think the Axiom will just be an Oxy with aftertouch and pads in that respect. The Remote fixes that issue, as I am familiar with Automap. There are a couple of things about the Remote that are questions (apart from the price!): the joystick instead of a pitch&mod wheel (can I leave the joystick at a certain position like I can the mod wheel?); and how usefull are the little pads?

As for the Edirol, I know of there great key reputation but know nothing of their midi possibilities. Is it closer to the knob/sliders on the Axiom where I will have to "find" the on-screen position, or with position feedback like the Remote? Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated.

Opinions, pointers and suggestions are welcome.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Novation, hands down!

I compared and went for it. WOW, what a keyboard.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I went with the Edirol PCR-500 about a month ago.

lot's of knobs and sliders... does what it's supposed to do.

Considered the Novation X-Station, but I was on a budget, it is a really nice piece of kit though!!