recording software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default recording software

hi new to the forum. i'm looking to go digital and was wondering if there is any good recording software that's free for the mac? can you record a traktor mix using garage band?

Tech Wizard

you can record in traktor

Tech Guru

unless you are using the demo, or traktor duo.

Tech Convert

awesome! i was thinking about getting the kontrol x1 or the xone:1D or xone:2D. i think the 2D because of the sound card. i'd like to be able to control the decks using my mixer. i liked the demo of the kontrol one where you can jump to cue points easily and tweak your loops. can you do the same with the xone's? i'm just not sure if there's a better/cheaper option if i go with the kontrol. i'd like to be able to use 4 decks as well.

Tech Guru

do you already have any gear ( external mixer, or the like?)

Tech Convert

i currently have 2 1200's and a pioneer djm500 running to some alesis monitors.

Tech Guru

Are you interested in Timecode vinyl, or no? I dont think traktor can record externally mixed material unfortunatly.

Tech Convert

no, if i want to play vinyl i can play vinyl. i'm looking to go completely digital. not looking for timecode vinyl or cd.

Tech Guru

mkay. Well. Soundcard choice is going to play a fairly large part in this decision, because it will enable you to either use your DJM500 to mix externally, or merely serve as a conduit between the internally mixed stuff and your speakers/phones.

If you want to mix internally, you could easily grab 2 X1s and and a cheap midi mixer with built in soundcard or audio 2 dj.

personally, I just the need for a few extra knobs and faders on top of the dual x1s (especially crossfader).

Tech Convert

i was thinking about going with the audio 4 dj, but that will only give me 2 decks correct? that i can "control" with my external mixer. or i'd need the 8 to control all 4 decks. that's why i'm torn between the X1 and 2D. i'm really not sure what's the difference between the 2...or if there really is no difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast