Please help Traktor Pro Problems after updating
    Tech Wizard

Default Please help Traktor Pro Problems after updating

Hi

I have recently updated to the new version of Traktor Pro (god i wish i never). Since the upgrade every time i launch Traktor it gets to the load collection part and then i get . You need to restart your computer. please hold down the power button. I now cannot use Traktor at all and now feel like i did when i had a pc. I spent a lot of money to have a full years stress free djng with my mac and after one official update i am completely f**ked. i Have contacted Native Instrument via the raise a case option and as with all the previous times i have had to contact them over the years nothing happens.

Please can someone help as i am clueless about what to do.

Cheers Michael
    Traktor Pro - Vestax VCI 100 - Macbook 13"

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Which version did you previously have and which did you upgrade to?

You can PM me your Support Ticket number and ill escalate it.
    You may need to check your Junk Filter. NI emails get junked a lot.

K

Tech Wizard

Hi Karlos

Thanks for getting back to me - I am going to sound a bit of a dick here but..... i downloaded the trial thinking i could unlock it with my serial number (I was using 1.2 with no problems - upgraded to the new one via the service centre). I have then mistakenly thought the download link for this was my NI trouble ticket and i have deleted the wrong one from my email.

Since then I have been searching the internet with the error messages I was recieving and a forum suggested it was kernel panic (wtf). Since then, i looked into kerel panic for m-audio souncards and one guy suggested unistalling the drivers all together and the soundcard would still work. I tried this and it seems to be working Traktor boots ok now.

Go figure.

Michael Bell
    Last edited by mrmlbell; 03-23-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo's

Yeah that sounds feasible. Ive heard of people having trouble with M-Audio drivers before although im a Mac guy so ive got less experience with pcs but drivers are often the cause of issues when Traktor wont actually start up. Bonkers!!!

You can actually use your Registration number with the Demo version, that was a good call.

Did you manage to get Traktor updated to 1.2.4 with Service Centre mate?

Tech Wizard

Karlos

I am on macbook and the driver thing still seems to be working so i am going to try and update to the new version tonight using the service centre (i had rolled back using time machine before deleting the driver). It all seems to be working at the moment, but i will let you know after the update tonight. I feel quite confident it will work to be honest.

Tech Wizard

Just got a reply from NI - my ticket number was Ticket#2010031810007882.

Cool. Ill push it.

Let me know if the update to 1.2.4 goes ok. It should be fine now though. You Mac probablt doesnt really need the drivers if its working fine.

Are there any updates for the M-Audio drivers available? Check the website as many hardware issues are caused by old drivers if your using Snow Leopard.

Whats your OS? Leopard or Snow Leopard.

Tech Wizard

Hi Karlos

It went well i am working again with no drivers. i did look for updated drivers, but there were'nt any. I think my operating system is leopard 10.5.8. Anyway back on track and loving life again.

Take care Mr

Cheers Michael