What sound card should I use for headphone precueing if I'm getting the VCI-100se's?

Default What sound card should I use for headphone precueing if I'm getting the VCI-100se's?

So here's the thing, i've heard about many many sound cards that could be a good option.
    - Audio 2 DJ (Native Instruments)
    - Maya 44 usb
    - Numark DJ I/O
    - Echo Indigo (I have a brand new laptop so it wouldnt work)

And some others also, but i was looking forward to knowing which one would i should buy thinking about saving money and good quality.

Thanks.

-Jorge

welcome to the forums. there is a large thread about soundcards and even a video by ean about soundcards.

try and decide how many ins/outs you see yourself needing and go from there.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

I reckon the NI, simply cause Traktor already works flawlessly with it!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Tech Wizard

Out of those choices I would recommend the NI DJ 2, simply on their rep and the quality of the equipment. Plus having hardware and software from the same manufacturer should be a big plus with no conflicts whatsoever.

;\
    13.3" Macbook Aluminum
    Novation Nio Audio Interface
    Novation Remote SL Zero
    M-Audio X-Session Pro
    Traktor Duo

From that list i would get the Audio 2. Not the sturdiest card around but probably has the best sound quality in this price bracket.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Default echo indigo djx (new expresscard version)

getting sick of lugging around a large external usb card, but of course still want to maintain sound quality and decent latency.. anyone tried this card out yet?

Yeah, a mate has it, and I borrowed it one time.

Seems fine. I need a mic in so I'm sticking with my AK1, but yeah, no problems with it.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

thanks bud. now if i can just get a reply on my tsi issues!! have the first overlay 1.3 firmware. have tried 2.4 and 2.5 tsi with traktor 1 2 4 and am finding loads of bugs in both of them when running. trying to get an answere from ean or anyone if i have to go back to 1 2 1 to use this overlay and these tsis!!! anyway thanks for your response dude. big up from london (at this second listening to 'funkin for jamaica' looking forward to spring after a long LONG winter.

Tech Mentor

hey mate i have the audio 2 dj soundcard and the vci 100se works really good together

what problems are you having i can try and help you, mabye