New Pioneer CDJ-350 and DJM-350 Introduced - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have to agree with one of the earlier posts. There is indeed a snobbery out there and Pioneer AND Technics have the market somewhat cornered. I think the price makes these easily out of reach for a lot of new DJs or even most bedroom DJs however with that being said there will be people who do shell out the bucks for the brand name. I would love to be able to totally ditch my timecode CDs and go straight controller but that would completely cause a ruckus with some of the DJs I work with and around. I just don't get why the other guys put out such crap for their low end gear. This should be where Numark, Denon, Gemini, etc. shine! Hell every YouTube video from a bedroom DJ should have their gear NOT Pioneer anything. That market is wide open!

Most kids these days wanna DJ to pull the ladies.

And nothing pleases the ladies more than the pioneer badge.

They'll be moving to more phallic designs with their equipment soon to cement their position in the leader quadrant.

True story.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Fuck, how much? That shit is almost as expensive as my whole rig.

And that whole "bring a USB stick with Rekord box'd tracks" thing only works if the club you're going to has one of these fancy decks. And only the fanciest of clubs MIGHT have them eventually. *shrug* These are overpriced and bring nothing to the table. If they were $1000 for the whole thing, or even less then they would have made a great business move. But if it's cheaper to build a laptop rig with more functionality and portability then I'm not really sure what their objective is.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I know little of CDJ's but to me they all look essentially the same. Maybe they add a handful of things on each new unit, like pioneers "new" USB malarky. I don't see how any company can charge so much for a glorified CD player.

I understand why people use vinyl but I dont get the deal with CD's...
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nicklebe View Post
    I understand why people use vinyl but I dont get the deal with CD's...
    We have had this discussion several times before. What it comes down to is what people feel comfortable with they are goin to use. If you are used to using a controller for 15 years but by then the new platform for djing is something else you may not switch over for whatever reason. And there will be some kid ranting and raving on a forum saying "why does anyone still use vci-9000s?"

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    lol at that big usb stick all huge and sticking up.... so stupid.
    that drive is just placed to be broken. be willing to bet that will be the first thing that becomes a reoccurring issue, usb ports with f-ed up solder points from that sore thumb drive being knocked one too many times

Yeah I was thinking they're going to have to sell a tool with this to help remove all the male ends of the usb sticks that snap off hah

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123