I just want to thank DJTT

Default I just want to thank DJTT

Hey guys!

I started bedroom-DJin in 2004 with the first version of the Hercules DJ console and Traktor. I practised some weeks and then started to stream sporadicly for some friends via shoutcast.
    Some months later... I applied to an online radio station for a weekly show. They took me and I did that show for about six months.
    Then my study got serious and I had to cancel my work for that station

In this time, I always dreamed of mixin in front of crowds... to entertain people and let them have a great time.

I started reading DJTT.com one year ago. I learned about the VCI and how to use it with Traktor. I was thinking about buying one to start all over again and finally play live in a club.
    Then I met a new co worker who was into DJing too. We decieded to team up and invest into new equippment. Our new bedroom studio was born:
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1512/photofdf.jpg

We got a weekly show on the same radio station I was working before.
    And you know what?! Last weekend, after 42 shows, we rocked our first live gig!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjWMgFIjA3A

It was such an awesome experience (although it was a small club) that I want to thank Ean and the team of DJTT for all their great work and inspiration during the last year.
    Tanks to all the people in the forums too for sharing their experiences.

You can listen to the whole live set on soundcloud if you're interested.
    http://soundcloud.com/chris-marx/ind...gen-20-03-2010

Feedback will be really appreciated

Greetz from Germany
    Chris Marx

Awesomeness!!!!!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

these are my favorite types of threads. I'm going to spinning my first club gig this friday, so I can definitely relate to you guys.

By the way, you mind giving a track id on the last song on your youtube vid? The drop was pretty damn nice.

Tech Guru

Nice little club there man! Well done.
    You got balls setting up the imac in front of a 10 foot drop!

Thanks guys

@Sine143
    The "drop" in the Video is just caused by my bad cutting skills forgot to add the "blend in" effect. The real transition is @ 01:41:02 in the full mix.
    TrackID: Olivier Raymond - Domino (Original Mix). Good luck for your gig!

@dodge
    Well I "tied" the imac to the holder so it couldn't drop.

Tech Mentor

Props man, the video looked fun, looks like you rocked it towards the end!

Your pretty mad taking an imac to club, especially with how you had it set up!

Tech Wizard

congrats on the show, chris!

i definitely feel the same level of gratitude towards this site. DJTT is indispensable when it comes to tech questions, technique discussions, and exposure to new music. i would not be anywhere near where i am today without this site.

so where am i? that's hard to say. i keep joking that i'll just pretend to be a DJ long enough to where it inevitably comes true. well that seems to be happening. so far i've played a high school dance for a bunch of german kids, a handful of house parties around DC and one in my old college town of greensboro NC, and most recently, my first actual club venue on st. patty's day.

take a look at my gear down there in my sig... clearly i'm no pro. but the audience hasn't figured that out yet. they're too busy shaking they's asses and asking me what the hell all those buttons and knobs do.

anyway, i guess my point is this: DJTT has been an incredible resource, and in only 5 or 6 months, i went from "i always wanted to be a DJ, but i'll never have enough money/gear/time/exposure/knowledge to do it" to "where am i playing next?"

no hate on the analog-lovers and turntablists out there, but you have to love the digital age, when i can craigslist a bunch of midi gear and have people start asking me what my dj name is within a few months. i can totally see why that might make some people upset or question my legitimacy. well, that's completely fair and i'm not sure i'd have an immediate retort.

(i went with zoorat, by the way... thoughts?)

ps - noticed you're using a padKONTROL in the studio. i'd be eager to talk to you about your methods with it. get up with me in a PM if you wanna talk shop.
    15" MBP, BCD 3000, Korg PadKontrol + farmpad
    barely scratching the surface

Your welcome

Also, nice shirts !

Well done and good luck for the future !

big ones man, good to see you're taking it to the next level. not many people are willing to push through and stick it out long enough to see results. it's all based on the amount of effort you put in that determines what you get out of it (not only in DJing, but life in general). although i have to tell you this, while this is a *huge* step for you guys, it is only the first of many (i just looked at that word and had one of those "that's totally not the way you spell that" moments). but since you've gotten this far, i have faith that you will make it all you want it to be. don't lose heart, or your drive, no matter what.

i'm doing a big post similar to this one when i reach 2k posts. meant to do it on 1k but missed it :P DJTT has been one of the biggest helps in my life.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition