Traktor 1.2.5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Traktor 1.2.5

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    SOMETHING NEW AND ANNOYING!!!!

not sure if i was just blind before, but in windows there's now a NI Hardware Management service,
    Have you seen the part about selecting NI hardware while installing ? ("check this if you have audio 2/4/8/maschine/x1").

I have a pair of X1s, so I ticked the appropriate box while installing...and the update just zapped away the NI service. So no more X1 action for me for the time being

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    SOMETHING NEW AND ANNOYING!!!!

not sure if i was just blind before, but in windows there's now a NI Hardware Management service, tried turning it off (as my hardware is vestax/korg) and vci wouldn't work.
    Thats been there since Controller Manager was added (1.2?)
    If you dont have an X1 or Maschine etc you can get rid of Controller manager and disable the NI Hardware Service.

K

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    Have you seen the part about selecting NI hardware while installing ? ("check this if you have audio 2/4/8/maschine/x1").

I have a pair of X1s, so I ticked the appropriate box while installing...and the update just zapped away the NI service. So no more X1 action for me for the time being
    You can re-run the install Wizard and get your X1 functionality back or am i misunderstanding you mate ?

i didn't check any boxes, like my 1.2.4 install when upgrading from t3, but it decided to appear this time.

since my noticing it though it has calmed down and all systems are back to normal now - was prob something else that caused it all and i chose to blame the 'newcomer'

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Yeah its sneaky like that . On the Install screen some of the options were greyed out (i think).

Theres a few people getting heated about this at NI but im not sure its an issue.
    Its a running process so you can kill it but i guess it is sneaky.

yeah, was gonna disable it, but it's not causing any harm now, plus might get an x1 in the future so wouldn't hurt to keep it there 'ready'

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You can re-run the install Wizard and get your X1 functionality back or am i misunderstanding you mate ?
    No misunderstanding. I uninstalled/reinstalled the X1 driver a couple more times and plugged the units back in after rebooting - while not having any visible errors, they just wouldn't work as the service still wasn't there.

After checking the config on my other PC, I manually re-registered the service using the following command :

Code:
    sc create NIHardwareService binpath= "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Hardware\NIHardwareService.exe" displayname= "NIHardwareService" start= auto
    (binpath may vary from system to system)
    It took a reboot, but it's been all good since then - just played for over two hours. \o/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    And guess what? The AAC file disappearing sound and waveform bug is STILL not fixed. WTF?!?
    From the NI forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti
    Oh no. Bummer. I haven't updated yet, so I haven't seen for myself. Jimbob5000: If it's any consolation, I actually had a PM session with Thomas of NI a while back - he confirmed the bug, and told me that the fix probably wasn't going to make it into the 1.2.5 update, owing to the development stage they were in. But at the least, it's known, and we can hope for 1.2.6...

Actually I downloaded this and got SERIOUS glitching during playback starting around the first to fourth track I play.

But then again maybe I need to finally mothball WinXP...
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

^ er, thanks?

SoundCloud

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast