Hercules RMX + Ableton + Traktor question
    Tech Student

Default Hercules RMX + Ableton + Traktor question

Hello all,

I've been reading up on this forum for quite some time now and now I have a question of my own. I have 2 Laptops, 1 with windows 7 the other with xp. I wanna run Traktor from one and ableton in another, with traktor as the master and ableton as the slave. I'll use hercules rmx with traktor (can map it to use 4 decks) and then I want to use the novation launchpad with ableton. At the moment i'm just using my hercules rmx with virtual DJ and speakers, but that's too boring. I wanna find a way to add abletons effects into my mixes. Any suggestions as to how I could set that up? Would you say its better to run both softwares on 1 laptop or use 2 seperate ones?

Thank you for your time,
    Adhamio

There is a guide to do this. A simple seach would give you that BentoSan did a walkthrough for this. The advantage of using two computers is that you won't run easily in a lack of resources, but keep in mind that you have to use two soundcards and you'll have to do two d/a conversions and one a/d conversion, which means latency...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Student

Yea I saw that guide. Now is the Hercules RMX considered one of the 2 soundcards you mentioned or do I still need to obtain 2?

You'll still need two, because you'll need a 8 RCA out soundcard for your Traktor computer and a 8 RCA in and two RCA out soundcard for your Ableton computer...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Student

is there a way to connect both the launchpad and the hercules rmx so that they both work with traktor? was thinking of putting in hot cues and effects into the launchpad and the rest on the hercules

@ Dennis. Where is the walk through by BentoSan? I've been scouring his forum replies and cannot find em. Could you give me a link to the walk through he wrote?

Thanks

Check out my work!