question regarding beatgriding??
    Tech Mentor

Default question regarding beatgriding??

hi all i just had a quick question and was wondering if someone could help me..

i have discovered that some of my songs need to be gridded to be 100% correct..

i was wondering if i didnt want to fix them.. as long as the song im mixing with is the same bmp i can just beat match by ear?

is this the same as beatgriding my songs or will they go out of time again??

thanks heap!

You don't need beatgrids to match beats by ear mate
    I spend countless boring hours gridding tracks but there will always be ones that either arent gridded at all, or that you screwed up on.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

thank, that what i thought!

ill just stick to loading the tracks, an doing the rest by ear

ok mate if you are going to mix everything by ear you can actually turn the phase meter off in the deck preferences. ohtherwise it can be a distraction swinging left and right all the time.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

is that the yellow line thing with shows if its in "sync"

if so isnt it already removed in the new 3.5tsi??

if so

Yep thats right.

Tech Mentor

if your using vinyl/cd's to mix its doesnt matter. however i found (by trying to cut corners) that not beatgridding and doing it by ear through midi the mixes never did sound as tight or perfected as they did when they have been gridded. thats why now i alway grid the tracks i plan on playing but theres always the tracks that dont get round to or some oldies that are picked out that you just ave to do by ear

I find that its SELDOM spot on.

I take a track that is 100% ...and beatmatch by ear and then adjust the grid.

The result is that its SO damn tight.....you can hardly hear its 2 tracks.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin