anyone see the new box from Elektron?

Default anyone see the new box from Elektron?

ive never been really big on their other stuff but this looks like it may be pretty bad ass for live sampling/resampling.

http://elektron.se/products/octatrack

Looks decent enough, but imo hardware samplers are going the same way as hardware sythns. And cassette tapes. Might as well throw in 8-tracks as well. Reel-to-reel? lol.

PS... where about Chicago are you from?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    Looks decent enough, but imo hardware samplers are going the same way as hardware sythns. And cassette tapes. Might as well throw in 8-tracks as well. Reel-to-reel? lol.

PS... where about Chicago are you from?
    thats what im saying... but i sense a resurgence of the hardware trend. imo, there is a market for it- the jaded laptop performer

hardware synths arent going anywhere. companies like DSI are going strong and as useful as VSTs are hardware has distinct advantages - namely dedicated user interfaces and easier to just get into without knowing what youre doing. configuring midi controllers is a pain in the ass for synths and VSTs. especially shit like waldorf attack where the layout involves way more than 128 cc numbers to assign. its not practical and with alot of controllers impossible. same with samplers - its easy to design a control section for global parameters but not one for controlling the individual elements of the single samples. i like how stuff like maschine, the virus ti synths, and the ns7 are trying to close that gap with tight integration in daws/computers.

oh and im on the far northwest side, not too far from ohare at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    configuring midi controllers is a pain in the ass for synths and VSTs.
    I love hardware, i have owned plenty...but midi controllers and VSTs are not at all hard to configure, just takes some learning...

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    I love hardware, i have owned plenty...but midi controllers and VSTs are not at all hard to configure, just takes some learning...
    ive got a remote sl and setting up mappings is a breeze but i remember with my first controller, emu xboard, i thought it was a pain in the ass to try to program on it. and as much as i love my old SL when youve got a synth that requires a 16 page template to program it gets a bit unwieldy to use the controller. waldorf attack comes to mind...