Please Help, still can't get the Controller controlling...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Please Help, still can't get the Controller controlling...

I posted a thread in the Product support, but 2 days, 26 views and no help. Plus it's my birthday and all I want is for my present to work!!!

Thread here.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12606

Running Leopard 10.5 on a macbook with VCI-100 latest firmware and upgrades.

Everything looks like it should be working, but it just doesn't seem to be mapping. Traktor is recognizing the controller in the Midi setup I have checked both the in and out boxes (Watched the Traktor Pro/VCi setup video).

The midi mapping doesn't seem to be getting the TSI file for some reason though. It gets to the point where it asks what setting I want to import, I click OK and nothing. The fields where it says Controller configuration all remain blank and light grey/unchangeable.

Is there drivers I need to install that might not be there for some reason?
    Should my macbook have anything pop up on the desktop when I connect the controller, like an Icon or something? That doesn't seem to be happening.

I've had this thing for over a week and still can't get it going. I promise I'm not a complete idiot either....

Have you tried installing any other mappings? do they work?

Give mine a whirl... just to see :-)

http://www.maxonemusic.com/2009/12/l...aktor-pro-1-2/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Are you using the BIG import button at the bottom of the preferences window?

In "Controller Manager" do not even see "Generic Keyboard" in the top "device Set-up" section?

What is the size of the TSI file? A lot of people are having problems downloading the TSI. It should be about 700 or 800 kB (I don't remember the exact number). If it is really small, it might not be a valid TSI and you need to re-download the TSI.

These are some thoughts, let us know if anything works or what does not work.

Phil.

P.S. Happy birthday, its my mom's birthday too.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Are you using the BIG import button at the bottom of the preferences window?

In "Controller Manager" do not even see "Generic Keyboard" in the top "device Set-up" section?

What is the size of the TSI file? A lot of people are having problems downloading the TSI. It should be about 700 or 800 kB (I don't remember the exact number). If it is really small, it might not be a valid TSI and you need to re-download the TSI.

These are some thoughts, let us know if anything works or what does not work.

Phil.

P.S. Happy birthday, its my mom's birthday too.
    Where is Controller Manager, I didn't see that in the preferences window. I see controller configuration in the Midi mapping section.

The size of the TSI file is under 300KB but I just downloaded maxone's and had the same problem.

Man, I just wish this would work.

Thanks

That's funky, never had a problem like this on either of my macs. have you tried mapping it by itself? click add, then generic midi, and select the in device and out device as the vci just to the right and see if everything is 'un-grayed', then click the import button at bottom and select tsi... I just tried on a new user account and this worked with all my exported mappings...
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Quote Originally Posted by DJMutagen View Post
    That's funky, never had a problem like this on either of my macs. have you tried mapping it by itself? click add, then generic midi, and select the in device and out device as the vci just to the right and see if everything is 'un-grayed', then click the import button at bottom and select tsi... I just tried on a new user account and this worked with all my exported mappings...
    Click add where? Under what preference, I see the add button in Midi Mapping but I don't see an option for generic midi?

Should be a button labelled 'Add' under the 'Device' drop down menu, that is grayed since you probably don't have any MIDI devices configured. When you click Add a drop-down menu should pop up, click 'Generic MIDI'. The 'Assignment Table' should become active. select the VCI as the 'In-Port' and 'Out-Port'. Then click the Import button at the bottom. Also just to make sure MIDI is working. Open up the Audio MIDI Setup application under /Applications/Utilities. Click the View menu and click MIDI window. plug in your VCI, does the icon 'activate' for it? if so, these instructions should work in Traktor, if not, try deleting the Native Instruments folder in your Documents as well as the Native Instruments folder from /Library/Application Support/ and try reinstalling. Peace!
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Try this:
    In Prefs>Controller Manager>Device Setup use the pull down and select IMPORT (not Import at the bottom left of Prefs) select your TSI .

K

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Try this:
    In Prefs>Controller Manager>Device Setup use the pull down and select IMPORT (not Import at the bottom left of Prefs) select your TSI .

K
    In my prefs, there is no Controller Manager, I'm using Traktor 1.00.2.5 what the hell is going on here?

I have an infant I'm juggling with trying to do this as well so this might have to wait till tomorrow, I really appreciate the feedback though.

You don't have this in you preferences?
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast