Audio 2 Dj Problems
    Tech Mentor

Default Audio 2 Dj Problems

I just recently started having a strange problem with my Audio 2 DJ. I am only getting sound out of my left speaker. I have my speakers plugged into Output A using a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adaptor, and my headphones plugged into output B using the same type of adaptor. I get sound out of both sides of my headphones, but not out of both speakers. When I plug my headphones into channel A i get sound out of both. So I replaced the adaptor that I was using for my speakers in Output A, but still have the same problem. The weird thing is that if I use my headphone adaptor it seems to work fine, but not in the Output A channel.

Any suggestions? I'm very frustrated

What happens when you plug the speakers into side B? Obviously you will have to be cueing to get sound out.

If you still have problem, then the source of it is either the right speaker or the wiring to it.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

If i plug the speakers into the right side the same thing happens, so I thought it was the adaptor thats why I bought another one, but it does the same thing. The speakers outside of audio 2 DJ work perfectly tho, so I know that its not them.

Is your adapter TRS or just tip and sleeve?

Phil.

Your problem lies in the product header: '1/8" Mono Jack to 1/4" Stereo Plug Headphone Adapter'. You are getting mono OUT of the adapter. You need a 1/8" STEREO jack to 1/4" stereo plug. With the mono jack it is left only.

Phil.

Tech Mentor

Its just weird that it was working fine yesterday and now its not, thanks for the help

Tech Mentor

The adaptor has the two lines on it, doesn't that mean that it is stereo? And even if it was mono wouldn't that just mean I would get the same signal out of both speakers?
    Last edited by spacehxc; 03-27-2010 at 10:18 PM.