Need help with vci-100 and soundcard

Default Need help with vci-100 and soundcard

Hello,

I have bought vci-100, and I have a BIG problem with soundcards. I have tried few sound cards, and non of them let me monitor through my headphones, I can't separate sound into master and monitor. I use Traktor 3.3, Windows Xp Pro, and now I am using yamaha audiogram3 soundcard (that audiogram3 has the same outputs like m-audio fast track), but I still can't make monitor (in Traktor audio setup where I have to choose my output routing I have only two options, or I can use both of them for master, or both for monitor). Maybe someone can just write step by step, how I should set up everything, or just maybe my soundcard is not suitable for what I am expecting ?
    Last edited by Darenaz; 10-16-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Its very simple. To cue (monitor through headphones) you need a multiple output soundcard. The Yamaha soundcard you are reffering to only has one stereo output. Thats why you can only choose an output for either master or monitor in Traktor.

if you would like a good soundcard for headphone cueing that i used to use with my vci100 i would suggest the fast track pro by m-audio. its relatively inexpensive on ebay.

thank you for replies, I think I'll buy new one with multiple outputs