What Control to continue to play from a hot cue?
    Tech Guru

Default What Control to continue to play from a hot cue?

Been messing around with my Kontrol X1 this weekend, hope to have a decently usable tsi for it by the end of the week along with a good review. I am new to creating mapping so its taking me a bit.

Im trying to get it to continue to play after hitting a cue button off of a cold start. On a VCI-100 if you do this, just hit juggle effects mode and it continues to play. Looking for the same functionality. Not too worried about what button I am going to use, just need to get it to continue to play.

Thanks.

Tech Guru

Macro a play command on the hotcue button. Direct, value 1.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Thanks.

Not sure if I explained it correctly. I'd like to be able to let go of the cue button and have the track stop. And have another button to press while the cue button is playing for it to continue to play. All of this from a cold start.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Cup as Hold and then Play as Toggle

If you press and hold Cup it will only play as long as it is held. Hitting Play while Cup is pressed will toggle it to play.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

just select hotcue and another button with play/pause, just as the midi fighter mapping should do the trick as well..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst