Traktor 1.2.1 sync isnt syncing?! Traktor Pro vs Traktor 3.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 1.2.1 sync isnt syncing?! Traktor Pro vs Traktor 3.

Yup. I was playing at a friends house and had everything going smoothly using the FX ect and then all the sudden the sync wasn't syncing that well! I tried hitting sync a couple times and the thing wouldn't re-sync. It sounded like a horse on crack . I had to skip to the next rack but it just took me out of the zone groove.

Then I spoke to a fellow friend DJ and he told me that's the reason he use Traktor 3 instead of Traktor Pro. I love Traktor Pro due to the uncluttered GUI and the FX section (plus is the one Im most familiar with). But if Traktor 3 is more "stable" then I might have to relearn my game on this.

So, how much of this is true? Has anyone experienced this? How to avoid/solve this?

Mac OSX Snow Leopard, Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.1, VCI-100 just ion case.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

maybe the problem is, that ur syncing to the master clock and the clock has the wrong tempo. try to set ur clock to deck master auto.
    u can find that in the left corner under the fx section.
    if that doesn´t help try to beatgrid ur songs.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

If you remember which two sonngs you were playing while this happened try recreating it. If it happens again but sync works with other songs Earl Panda could be right. One or both of those tracks may not have correct beatgrids.

Also I would recommend learning how to beatmatch by using your ears. Sync helps speed up the process but in those situations it will save your ass from killing the mood.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Sync-ing in TPro is better and more flexible than T3, in my opinion.

You just need to make sure your grids are right and your tempo's are accurate, and your clock settings are what you need. Should be easy to troubleshoot.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Great! I'll get to work on this ASAP. Thx ppl!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Be wary of the auto master select. I stopped using it after a trainwreck (which thankfully was only a home recording), although it was partly my fault not nudging a loop at the end of a track far back enough

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just gotta be careful with it. I usually leave it at Auto and go, but once in a while I gotta switch.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Update you traktor to 1.2.4, or 1.2.5 asap. As the other gentlemen have mentioned making sure your tracks are gridded correctly is very important. Dont rely on "autogrid" its very much hit and miss in my xp.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Update you traktor to 1.2.4, or 1.2.5 asap. As the other gentlemen have mentioned making sure your tracks are gridded correctly is very important. Dont rely on "autogrid" its very much hit and miss in my xp.
    Yeah I just updated to 1.2.5 and seems more stable. I'm going to play a bit at a friends get together tonight so if stuff go wrong it wont be so bad.

Thanks for the advice!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Anybody that tells you that Sync works better on Traktor 3 than it does on Traktor Pro will probably also tell you they own a Tank and have 3 live Leopards in their backyard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast