Kontrol X1 - Step Sequencer
    Tech Mentor

Default Kontrol X1 - Step Sequencer

Hi,
    I'm sorry I can't provide you the headline as a tool
    Atm I'm spinning with 4 decks with Traktor. But sometimes I feel like adding some drums,snares,claps etc. to my set but I don't want to spend lots of money for a NI Maschine. I own two Kontrol X1s and I discoverd that that both controllers made by NI have a lot in common. Have you think of the 16 buttons down at he X1 as a Sequencer á la Maschine in Midi Mode? So my idea was to programm a Step Sequencer for the X1 with ableton live.
    I already figured out that the demo of max4live supplies a Step Sequencer Tool but I cant make it work. My actual plan was that I can choose between 4 different sounds with the FX buttons 1/2 and 1/2 and then type the 1/16 notes on to the 16 blue buttons.

I hope you got me What do you think of the idea? Is there maybe already a similar idea out there? Or is there no way to solve the problem?

Jannick

Novation has mad one for the launchpad! I was thinking about getting one as a cheaper alternative to the maschine. I have no idea how to do it with an x1
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Mentor

Me neither
    But it's possible
    http://vimeo.com/7828668

step one: find out what the midi in/ midi out note values are for the knobs and buttons in question.

step two: figure out how you are going to modify with rules the midi coming into and out of the controller...ie bomes, max4live, you could use usine, they have a step seq and nice midi modifications, and then run it as a vst in ableton.

step three: by studying what steps the launchpad, apc40, monome guys took to map out their controllers in regards to step two you should get an idea of how the 1/16 notes should be mapped, and how they are controlling lights on/off.

step four: translate step three for the parameters of your controller (step 1) start with 1/16 note button and work on it til you understand the above and then proceed to the other buttons.

good luck