ALL Kontrol X1 Users - thoughts/input
    Tech Guru

Default ALL Kontrol X1 Users - thoughts/input

Just got my two X1's a few days ago, and been messing around with one of them over the weekend. Went over to the NI X1 forum and theres not much movement. Hoping to share some ideas, likes and dislikes with other X1 users from this community. I've been messing around with the mapping, but being a novice mapper this shit is tough. I've managed to change the top dry wet knob to shift+knob to change from chained to advanced. Stored my fav advanced fx on each fx button + shift.

So far, I think the possibilities are endless with this....but its tough to compare to a VCI-100 with any of the mappings here. The work flow and ease of tranistions with these mappings here are priceless. Have been trying to do simple adjustments and replicate some of the VCI mapping, such as when you load a track, the display jumps back to the play screen as opposed to staying on the expanded track list screen.

Currently using this timecoded with two Technic 1200's and it is an awesome tool to jump from timecoded to internal play. Makes going from different genre's a fairly easy transition. I just need to get this mapping down to simplify my steps a bit.

What do you guys think about your X1, and what changes have you made?

Tech Mentor

sup Haze,

I haven't made too many changes yet, but under the midi mode for it, i'm setting a dedicated time-stretch effect knob, a sweep to echo out knob, a delay knob to echo out knob, as well as a beatmasher,iceverb, turntable stop knob for building a song out.

Haven't had much free time to think about the rest.

Tech Guru

Army,

Hey whats up girl....I just finished mapping your youtube vid for the sweep to echo out i believe it is to one of my midi mode knobs. Works like a charm.

I need to map a few basic functions, ie: tree scroll, seek thru a song while playing, play after a hot cue, etc - but I like the idea of instant effects in midi mode. I may just map some of the ones you have listed above. If you still haven't gotten around to it i'll post up a tsi this weekend, might need a few tweeks though.