Can't hear audio from youtube while using Traktor

Default Can't hear audio from youtube while using Traktor

Hey, I'm in need of some help! I'm currently using a lot of Eans video tuts to learn DJing with my vci100se, but when I open Traktor and I have youtube video running, I won't get any audio from Traktor and vice versa. I realize that I have a shitty built-in soundcard (Sigmatel High Definition Audio) and that I need a better one (thinking about getting a NI Audio 2 Dj, anyone had any experience with this?) but I would still like to hear if there's any solution to my problem? I use ASIO4ALL drivers in Traktor.

I have had a similar issue... I also have the sigmatel in my dell studio. I use VDJ and a Hercules MK2 and it routes the audio differently when it's plugged in. I suggest fiddling around with the audio routing settings in traktor or something. (maybe not the best answer, but it's what I had to do)

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    NI Audio 2 Dj, anyone had any experience with this?
    no... no one here would know about this...

on the subject of the sound thing. not really sure about this, but would assume that as both are audio based applications, which ever you start first will take priority. chances are that if you can get both going, you'll see some shitty performance from the laptop.

have you got any other way of watching the vids? phone maybe?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    no... no one here would know about this...

on the subject of the sound thing. not really sure about this, but would assume that as both are audio based applications, which ever you start first will take priority. chances are that if you can get both going, you'll see some shitty performance from the laptop.

have you got any other way of watching the vids? phone maybe?
    Yeah I've got a droid/milestone and it works, but it would be easier to just watch the vids on the PC.

had the same problem...found out that i just had to change the outputs from my windows mixer
    as u can see in the picture below (itīs in german but iīm still shure itīs selfexplaining)

edit: sorry just recognized that u donīt have an external soundcard
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

This is the way ASIO4ALL drivers work and there isn't a workaround.

I feel your pain on how annoying it is. But then I went and bought a Audio 8 DJ so...

I experienced a similar problem when using my Numark DJ I/O soundcard. YouTube files stutter and play too quickly.

Then I realized the problem: Adobe Flash (well, my cheap sound card probably doesn't help either)

My workaround? YouTube in HTML5

YouTube streams in h.264 (video codec), but you need to use an HTML5 enabled browser like Chrome or Safari. Firefox doesn't support HTML5 yet. Supposedly IE does with a plugin. I just use Chrome.

Go here to enable HTML5 in YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/html5

In my experience, HTML5 works better than Flash anyway.
    Last edited by dual citizen; 03-29-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Is it just Youtube or can't you here audio from other programs such as Winamp, WMP, etc?

In windows open your sound properties and choose your other sound card as your playback device. In mac os, Open up system preferences, click Sound, the Output tab and click your device to play sounds and alerts from... But you're using ASIO, so you're on windows *facepalm*
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)