Help Needed: DJTT at the Maker Faire, Bay Area 2010
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help Needed: DJTT at the Maker Faire, Bay Area 2010

People!

It looks like we've secured a place at the Maker Faire Bay Area this year (May 22nd and 23rd), and we have plans to demo the Midifighter and Digital DJing generally as a DIY movement. We'll be taking a soundsystem and playing music throughout the two day event to showcase the best of digital music culture and creativity. Goal number one is to prove that homemade music devices don't have to suck! The Make Magazine people already love the Midifighter so we're not unknown.

This is where you come in. We'd like to give Members of DJTT a chance to play for the crowds and educate people on the diverse range of digital DJ music style out there. We're looking for people interested in throwing down different styles of music - ambient soundtracks, a little D&B, some growling Dubstep, a set of silky smooth House, old School classics, whatever floats your boat. Keep in mind this is an exhibition not a club event and we may have constraints on our noise levels (we're still negotiating that), and understand that you can't rely on having the audience's attention for more than a few minutes at a time so you may as well do it for the love of the music! Pick something you love and do it well.

On the technical side we will have a table for DJs with a clear space for you to use, a direct line into the amps using Balanced inputs or Phono plugs and some small storage area that will get filled up pretty quickly (don't bank on it). Come prepared to setup, test, play and then clear out for the next contender. Slots are available from 10am-8pm Saturday, 10am-6pm Sunday, propose your own set length (not you Sven Vath).

UPDATE:
    Details have been coming through of the location and size of our stand, and we've opted for the indoor option which means things like spray painting MidiFighters and being really loud are now out of the question.

We're rethinking the purpose and tone of the exhibit to fit into the location we've got, and it looks like we may have to cancel the Live Visiting DJ sets. More details as we know more.

- Fatlimey.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 05-03-2010 at 05:45 PM.

HOLY CRAP I'D LOVE TOO! carpool from Portland, OR anyone? :-)
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Guru

DARN YOU west coast people!!!!

UPDATE:
    Details have been coming through of the location and size of our stand, and we've opted for the indoor option which means things like spray painting MidiFighters and being really loud are now out of the question.

We're rethinking the purpose and tone of the exhibit to fit into the location we've got, and it looks like we may have to cancel the Live Visiting DJ sets. More details as it happens, I'll contact each of you personally to commiserate.

Welcome to the cutting edge of Maker Faire, nothing is fixed until we turn up in a van and set up!
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 04-28-2010 at 07:41 PM.

AAWWWWW That sucks ass! I was lookin forward to playin with everyone! :-( I might still hopefully be able to make it, it might cost me a pretty penny though... Which I would have forked out if I was gonna be playin tunes, hands down... :-( Maybe someone should just bring a van and we can party in the parking lot! Or land a night at a club hosted by DJTT! Mwahahahaaaaaaaa.
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Hey Fatlimey,

I sent you an email. Is this purely for Midifighter users? I have a dope set but I have a MPD32 that i'm using to trigger samples...

ah, just read the update. Keep us posted! I'll most likely be there anyways!

Tech Convert

DJ Techtools Club Night !!!!!!! Fuck yeah. That would be dope as fuuuuuuck. Maker Fair by day.. Party it up at night !!!

I have always wanted to check that out so I should go. I do not think I have the skills for a set I will ask my dj friend if he want to do that.

You guys need help with anything other than the music?

Tech Convert

Hey I live/work in SF. Went to the faire last year. Beautiful fucking day.

I'm totally down to volunteer! Where do I sign up?

For those interested in helping us play some tunes (remember this is booth background music and not a bangin' dj set) please shoot me an email (chris@djtechtools.com) with "Maker Faire Help" in the title with your availability (check out the times/dates below). You don't have to use a Midi Fighter to play, but you do need to use some sort of controller (ideally something DJTT related).

FYI, here's some important info on those who want to help or visit DJ Techtools at the Maker Faire.
    Times: Saturday 5/22, 10am to 8pm & Sunday 5/23, 10am to 6pm
    http://makerfaire.com/bayarea/2010/faq/

Lastly, we only have a select number of badges that we will be granted so if you are interested please contact Fatlimey and/or I ASAP. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast