TraKtor Midi Sync
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TraKtor Midi Sync

Maybe I am not using the right search terms I am not sure but I cant seem to find any good information on the subject of syncing 2 copies of Traktor via Midi.
    Does anyone here have a solid method for doing so or a link to a tutorial that actually works?

Thx.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

That link tells me nothing..

I actually got this to work and got it to work flawlessly..

I used 3 pieces of free software:

MidiYoke
    MidiClock
    EthernetMidi.

I set both the Master Clocks of both copies of Traktor to external sync.
    Set up MididClock to my desired bpm
    set midiclock to use midi yoke as its midi out
    set ethernet midi to send out the midi signal to the other laptop

Bam Flawless sync using 2 copies of Traktor less than 1<ms latency

If you guys want a detailed set of instructions on this I can write them up let me know.

That link told you that midi sync is unreliable and that Bento has a better method which he shared but countless people still believe that midi sync will work for them

All i can say is, even if you do get midi sync working, good luck changing the tempo without waiting a min for the second computer to catch up.

hm i was thinking of another thread - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3663

Syncing ableton and traktor, the same rules apply though and you can easily rework my workaround to work with Traktor + Traktor instead of Traktor + Ableton

Quote Originally Posted by djuplift View Post
    That link tells me nothing..
    uppity little noob aren't we?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    uppity little noob aren't we?
    New to this forum yes noob hardly. I find a bit annoying when I ask for help and someone posts a link to another forum/site/thread etc that doesn't answer my question, it just so happens that this happens to me a lot as I post on many forums especially technical ones. Its also annoying when douche bags who frequent a forum call the new forum members noobs as if they know nothing because they happen to be new to the forum or they asked a question that may have already been answered before...

If you have nothing better to do than make douche bag comments then don't comment at all because your lame comments don't help anyone..

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

New to this forum yes noob hardly. I find a bit annoying when I ask for help and someone posts a link to another forum/site/thread etc that doesn't answer my question, it just so happens that this happens to me a lot as I post on many forums especially technical ones. Its also annoying when douche bags who frequent a forum call the new forum members noobs as if they know nothing because they happen to be new to the forum or they asked a question that may have already been answered before...

If you have nothing better to do than make douche bag comments then don't comment at all because your lame comments don't help anyone..
    Being my comment was not meant in a douche-y way, and the prevalence of people who join this forum are completely new to the concept of MIDI sync-ing, I guess I incorrectly assumed that you were also not of the average experience.

My bad, I had no frame of reference.

Your response was, though, just as unhelpful as mine. An explanation on why the thread that is labeled "Syncing two Traktors" was unhelpful would have been able to put us on the right track to help you.

I have no problem with attitude, but to then turn and lecture anyone else about that same attitude is slightly hypocritical. We are here to help, and I meant no offense by my input at all. But please, I don't necessarily know what you expect when the people who are here and deal with this same question tons of times and usually have the same answer and it works.

So, glad you got it working and I hope you enjoy your stay.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i know dvls has covered it, but i meant forum noob, if you're asking about syncing two laptops you're obviously going to be a bit further along than most of the newcomers to the site.
    but yeah, slamming the 2 links that normally answer your FAQ imo is just plain rude, if you weren't happy with those answers you should've elaborated a bit. But 9/10 times with a FAQ you will be given links from the FAQ section, it keeps the forum tidier. which is why i had no real input as your question had been covered (twice)
    may i suggest, though, that you jump into one of those links and post up your method, the more the merrier

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast