Dual DJing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual DJing

Default Dual DJing

My buddy and I are attempting to get into a dual DJ setup, but we aren't really sure how to do the setup. I have a VCI-100 with Audio 4 DJ, and he has a Hercules RMX. Any help guys?

Tech Mentor

I assume you're both doing internal mixing? Just get a cheap analogue mixer and run your master outs into that. Whoever's mixing in puts their headphones into the mixer and beatmatches with the other person then mixes out on the analogue mixer

Could I use my old Hercules MK2...it has it's own soundcard and 2 inputs for using turntables, but i think it could be used as an analog mixer

Not a response but very related.

What does it mean to have a b2b (back-to-back?) I have heard is 2 guys mixing one song taking turns. But I also think is when you see in a flier DJ A vs DJ B. Also what is the Live PA? I think is a guy doing beats while the other doing sounds like lead and rhythm guitars.

Being able to connect 2 guys to do any of the mentioned stuff would be very cool
    Erase. Stop. Start.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

The way me and Kaon rock it is using our own version of eans TSi which we have modifed for use with dual VCI's each controlled by a seperate person.

Basically we just removed the 4 deck functionality from eans, and duplicated the controls for deck 3&4.

We have also got controls which allow us to take master control over from the other player.

The mapping is the easy part, practice is essential to get it tight

What we plan to do is trade off... one guy does beats and such and the other does "lead guitar" especially b/c I have the arcade version, great for juggling. But yeah, still wondering if I could use my Herc
    Edit: We even want to try 2 laptops...
    Last edited by JWit; 03-29-2010 at 06:45 PM.

@ jWit. Are you guys using the same software/laptop? assuming you are using traktor you can just combine tsi mappings and you are all good to go.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    @ jWit. Are you guys using the same software/laptop? assuming you are using traktor you can just combine tsi mappings and you are all good to go.
    Same software yes, but it would be kinda cool to have separate laptops

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I've done it with a buddy of mine who uses CDJ's (that sounds so dirty).

We'll just start playing tracks, beatmatching, looping, layering and yelling out what we need. Tons of fun when it goes well, really... well, awful when it doesn't.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

When I work with my friend I just run out of my soundcard into source 1 on his RMX if we don't have another mixer.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast