Traktor Pro and VCI-100 SE any good?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro and VCI-100 SE any good?!

Is the VCI-100 SE still a good controller or can I throw it to the bin if I want to use Traktor Pro?! Some functions in Traktor Pro look similar to special feature of the SE (e.g. Hi/Lo Pass Filter).

Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    Is the VCI-100 SE still a good controller or can I throw it to the bin if I want to use Traktor Pro?! Some functions in Traktor Pro look similar to special feature of the SE (e.g. Hi/Lo Pass Filter).
    Too early to tell, but more knobs and buttons is always a good thing. Will it map immediately 1-to-1? No. Did the VCI-100 ever map 1-to-1 to Traktor? Nope.

Welcome to the cutting edge of digital DJing! The software was announced like 5 hours ago and you're asking for a predigested solution addressing your specific needs? Give us a moment, man! I'm still reading through the manual.

Tech Wizard

Hi,

I'm not asking for a solution or anything.

Ean mentioned he had the opportunity to spend time with the NI guys and therefore I imagined he might has asked himself the very same question.

Besides that I've just spend a considerable amount of money for the SE and would be more than happy if I could use it with Traktor Pro too.

Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    Hi,

I'm not asking for a solution or anything.

Ean mentioned he had the opportunity to spend time with the NI guys and therefore I imagined he might has asked himself the very same question.

Besides that I've just spend a considerable amount of money for the SE and would be more than happy if I could use it with Traktor Pro too.
    Trust Me yosemite, with the new SE overlays and firmware upgrades DJTT is getting ready to sell, I know they will come out with mapping files for the buttons, and knobs. So maybe just maybe until they come out with them, I will stick with Traktor 3. You could purchase your license for Traktor Pro and when the new mapping files are available then you can use it, or buy it then its up to you. If you want to be one of the Pioneers that create the mapping files and explain how to do it, then go head and buy it and get to creating and testing out. I think Traktor Pro will be very reliable like its counter-part when everything is set up right and we have a fully understanding of the new software. I myself will remain with Traktor 3 until mapping files have been created, or I myself might jump in the mapping creation seat if I have some time on my hands. Either way good luck to the folks that are venturing in to the new software and Make us proud!!

Tech Mentor

they going to realease tks files for the firmware 1.2 VCI when the software come out but they not going to send multi midi data like the firmware 1.3 ...........dont worry guys im sure ean will work something out for the 1.3 firware

and DJ BIGQ they realeasing the TKS files for the new sofware on the same day they going to be similar to traktor 3 firmware 1.2 if u want something more crazy u can always get created and start mapping your self

Tech Mentor

ean and co have supported us this far there is no reason why new tks files wouldnt be created.. we just need to be patient.. I offer my full support to help out with anything..

Ean any chance you can speak to NI about hooking me up as a beta tester??

Hey Guys, the VCi-100SE's will work perfectly with Traktor PRo. There may be a few small changes to the work flow but generally speaking everything will be re-mapped to the new interface and match the labels.

There are still several "special" aspects of the firmware that will be even more applicable in traktor pro.

Ean I was wondering about the fx's being that we have 3 options A, B, C plus 4 trigger buttons & knobs (3x4 =21) which pro has 21 fx's, Im going to say atleast for me the hell with deck C fx's.

hmmm...Im going to have a midi hell-o-ween! or more like a dia de los muertos (day of the dead nov 1)
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

yes the FX section will need some re-working but you can set up traktor to behave like the vci-100se where you have bank control over specific effects. the cool thing is that now you can decide which effects go into those slots so the delay slot loads the delay you specifically want. (there are several)

Ean:

So there is a possibility for "new" future layouts for the VCI-100 to be used with Traktor Pro?
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast