Rane TTM 57SL Mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rane TTM 57SL Mixer

Seeing that this is my first post and I'm the N.F.G...

My name is Mark, DJ Gonzo, and I play out of the San Diego, CA area. My career as a DJ started out in the bedroom/garage back in 1986 and have been doing it part-time ever since. I will be retiring from the Marine Corps next year and plan on working towards going full-time as a DJ in the business performing for many different types of venues.

Back to the subject....I'm Looking at hearing from my peers on the Rane TTM 57SL Mixer. I'm currently using 3 different rigs depending on the venue.

I use a Pioneer DJM-3000 Mixer with 2 Pioneer CDJ-800s and Serato Scratch LIVE as my main system, and I use this system to run my audio dance music. I also have a seperate system that I use for my video mixing. This system includes the Hercules RMX Controller and VDJ. I also have a seperate system for my beach party and outdoor venues, but that's irrelavent to my question here today.

I don't like having to configure two seperate systems for my audio and video work and would like to incorporate both into one. Sure, I can use VDJ for both however, I'm so use to the look and feel of SSL for beatmixing my audio and I'm doing more audio than video venues.

I have talked to a couple of friends who are using the TTM 57SL Mixer and they are loving it. With my talking to them...I'm near the edge of picking one up so I can incorporate my look and feel of SSL for audio and video work.

One concern so far is....whether or not Rane is looking at introducing a newer model of this mixer within a year's span. If so, I'd rather hold onto the $1,200+ I may spend on the TTM 57SL and use towards their newer model...as I'm in no real rush to have a mixer to do both .mp3 and video.

I'd like to hear some thoughts from you all on the above I've mentioned.

Thank you for any input you may provide.

I would say get the 57SL and get the video plugin for SSL so you can do video & audio from the same unit. Also I would suggest getting a M-Audio trigger finger so you could map out some more midi functions for video or audio.

Semper Fi
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Thank you Jes....mmm...."M-Audio trigger finger".....guess I gotta do some searching as I'm still relatively new to midi. Only been using since I picked up the Hercules RMX....less than a month ago.

Thanks again Jes....Semper Fi and YAT YAS!

Wow...well over 2 years now.

Purchased the TTM 57SL shortly after my initial post and have been loving it ever since. Especially with my video mixing. I'm using MixEmergency with it to record my video sets.

Nice to see that you came back, 2 years have passed by and the Rane 57 is still the main mixer rane is selling.

Whoa!
    2 years?!?!

@ Gonzo
    How's the business side of DJing coming along? (San Diego has ALWAYS been cut-throat)

Quote Originally Posted by DjWindzOne View Post
    Whoa!
    2 years?!?!

@ Gonzo
    How's the business side of DJing coming along? (San Diego has ALWAYS been cut-throat)
    its real cut throat in all of SoCal thanks to freejays and undercutters

^ Fully agree. . .

I've been trying to get a regular gig in Dowtown for a while. . but these "heffers" seem to take these gigs. . .get they also get the friggin bar tab!

All I can get is a guest spot here and there. Which would explain why I'm still working a 9-5.

Quote Originally Posted by DjWindzOne View Post
    ^ Fully agree. . .

I've been trying to get a regular gig in Dowtown for a while. . but these "heffers" seem to take these gigs. . .get they also get the friggin bar tab!

All I can get is a guest spot here and there. Which would explain why I'm still working a 9-5.
    hang in there, look on CL's, check out local clubs, make mixed cds, pass them out, upload them, make a fan page on fb, you need to stay active to land gigs.

I know this, but I was also leading a personal life with a friend

. . . but as of last night. . .I'm single again.

I have a mixcrate profile, but I use it mostly for my own remixes and such. . .I have my own DJ/recording studio I'm maintaining, and have multiple remix projects for my own rap crew I'm working on. . .

This road is a lonely one. . but I've managed for over 13 years being a Dj. . .

Time to prep up for that lounge gig for Sunday night (After the Super Bowl)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast