What is your day job? (If any) - Page 56
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556

I work at an auto body shop but would love to do something in audio if possible.
    Last edited by DJEDY21; 03-30-2019 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Wasn’t finished

Quality Assurance Inspector mainly run a cmm machine checking prototype & production automobile parts.

Tech Convert

Lightbulb

It is very interesting how most of the people are working in a places distant from arts and music. I am a university student and working in the sphere of tourism.

I am writer as professional and DJ as person
    Last edited by keithace; 04-25-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    While some of you can live the glamorous life of being a DJ and get the bills paid, some of us need to get up early and do the crappy stuff to make our employers richer. This makes me think about some stuff...

1) If you are doing gigs, how do you manage to get up early? You could maybe be caffeinated during work hours but this cant be done for too long. Specially if you sometimes have to work at home.

2) Djing is not a cheap "hobby". I have seen the "Show us your setup" post and I have seen a lot of pricey stuff with multiple computers and gadgets, dedicated rooms and what not. You must be rollin' in the dough!

3) With DJing and computers going hand in hand I think maybe most of you with a day job should have something computer related. IT manager, Db administrator, Linux demigod etc...

---

Me?

IT System Admin. DJ practice/new music hunt is moderately compromised by extra workload I need to finish at home besides home/family duties. I wish I could take my VCI100/MPD32 to work but I managed to install a demo version of Traktor and Ableton very hidden on my work computer. Although the pay is good is not that I cant buy more equipment but that I would not have the time to learn and configure properly more gadgetry.
    I am a software engineer and usualyy busy in completing projects. Though since corona, things are not doing well and most of the time we sit and watch movies in day time as well.

I work as a salesperson in a men's clothing store, but I dream of changing careers and am actively searching for myself. I have already tried my own blog about parrots (I had a parrot), about dogs(peter lik for sale), I tried to start my own business, but it all failed miserably. I look at other people who managed to become successful and I do not understand how they managed.
    Last edited by Phoenix778; 09-09-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Tech Convert

During the pandemic, I lost my job and was wondering what I should do, until a friend advised me to start making cosmetics for face and hand skin care, and I had wanted to try something of my own for a long time, and this it was like a sign from fate that it was time to act. It's time for me to take action. I ordered a free cosmetic mockup here and sent a small batch to some close friends as a test sample. If all goes well, I think to create a page in the social networks and try to sell products. I hope I succeed and it will become my main source of income.
    Last edited by lipav58; 09-15-2021 at 09:07 AM.

I work on the company's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayler Rhodes View Post
    I work on the company's website.
    I can definitely relate. I work for a small independent record label and building our website has been quite the challenge. Streaming music and hosting large audio files can really eat up resources quickly. We initially went with a standard shared hosting plan, but kept running into bandwidth usage limits and servers crashing whenever we had any significant traffic. It was incredibly frustrating. After doing more research, I discovered that music sites really do best on hosts optimized for streaming media. We switched to a managed WordPress hosting provider called WP Engine that offers plans with much higher resources. It's been night and day, so no more crashes and unlimited streaming. But it wasn't cheap! If you're on a tight budget, you may want to look into audio hosting services that allow you to embed tracks rather than self-hosting large files. Or consider a VPS plan like miami dedicated server for example. So after shifting to this, I forgot about my previous nightmares. Running a music site is tough but rewarding. Wishing you the best of luck in what you do too.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556