Achieving the best sensibility for Pitch Sliders in VCI 100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Achieving the best sensibility for Pitch Sliders in VCI 100

Hi,

Second post...

I heard many users gripe and complain about the VCI 100 pitch faderī lack of sensibility, thus seriously compromising the beatmatch (for us that like to do prog / deep house).

In my Traktor setup I have the Pitch set to +/- 8% and the fine pitch +/.0.2%. My traktor only shows increments of 0.1% when using the pitch slider... as I was a CDJ 1000 child, this is a mess!

My jog wheels are setup as:
    Outside - Deck Pitch Bend (default)
    Inside - Scratch / Seek vinyl mode

Am I correct that this is the best settings I will achieve?

Sorry if this was posted before...

the vci only sends out 7bit midi for the pitch sliders, this makes it hard to beatmatch using them because the resolution of the data is so low. There really isn't a fix for this, so the only thing i can suggest is beatgriding your tracks and using sync instead of manually beat matching.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    the vci only sends out 7bit midi for the pitch sliders, this makes it hard to beatmatch using them because the resolution of the data is so low. There really isn't a fix for this, so the only thing i can suggest is beatgriding your tracks and using sync instead of manually beat matching.
    You can also make one of your midi pages into a beat matching configuration for when you need to beat match to other cds, vinyl, ipods, etc. I'd suggest using the inner and outer parts of the jog wheel for bending and changing the tempo. That might give you the resolution you want.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    You can also make one of your midi pages into a beat matching configuration for when you need to beat match to other cds, vinyl, ipods, etc. I'd suggest using the inner and outer parts of the jog wheel for bending and changing the tempo. That might give you the resolution you want.
    Yeah pretty much the only way you will get really accurate pitch changes with the VCI is using the relative messages sent by the jog wheels to change the pitch in fine increments. The pitch fader is pretty much a lost cause.

Hey i have my pitch fader to +/- 6 and they work really good. I forgot what the setting is called but you can have the fader at any point and go up or down without resesting where the fader is at originally.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Hey i have my pitch fader to +/- 6 and they work really good. I forgot what the setting is called but you can have the fader at any point and go up or down without resesting where the fader is at originally.
    To do that you just delete the midi assignment that resets the pitch when a note on is sent by the pitch controller middle position.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    This sounds interesting.... how can I achieve that?
    Im a MIDI moron..!

Quote Originally Posted by jgcamil View Post
    This sounds interesting.... how can I achieve that?
    Im a MIDI moron..!
    just midi learn the pitch adjustment midi parameter of the deck while it is spinning. Make sure to set the type of control to rotary and the control to fine.

Tech Wizard

Sorry if this sounds too basic or needy, but I'm having a hard time grasping how to make the changes mentioned above.

Is anyone feeling charitable enough to do some mini-tutorials on making the pitch sliders work best?

Also, would there maybe be some way to reverse the pitch faders and the channel faders, so that you could maybe have a proper pitch slider?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    The pitch fader is pretty much a lost cause.
    Until maybe the CPU hack is complete....

I will giggle like a schoolgirl on that day.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast