Faderfox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faderfox

Tech Guru

Default Faderfox

Hello DJTT,

I was wondering if anyone had any faderfox equipment...(kinda curious on these mini controllers hah) just wondering what do you use it for (clearly a dj program but specifics) and what model do you have
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Do you really wanna get me started on Faderfox?

Oh ok seeing as you insist.

They are fucking awesome. Seriously well made and ultra reliable.

Yes they are very small but thats why you want one right? I have a DX2 and i use (or used to) with decks. It fits inbetween the mixer and deck and hardly takes up any room.

Totally perfect for Traktor. Mine has been used literally 1,000s of time and it looks and feels like brand new.
    They are Midi (5 pin) and run on battery power. Batteries last about 3 months doing 4 gigs a week.

There is a new DX3 and DJ3 due out any time now. The guy that makes them Mathias is a real nice bloke and always helpful. The new range is USB not midi. Dunno what they will look like so i cant judge against the X1 but the DX2 i have does everyting that the Kontrol X1 does except light up. I would actually say that the DX2 is nearly as versatile as the X1 if you are prepared to map it to the extreme.

They arent cheap but you get an awesome controller with any Faderfox.

K

Tech Guru

I'll 2nd what Karlos said, heard nothing but great things about them, except the lack of USB, which is being addressed with the new product line.

Tech Wizard

I saw Dennis Ferrer using a DX2 icm with Traktor, Audio8 + timecode. Pretty neat if u play clubs with cdj's and u don't want much equipment to carry with u.
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

anyone with Faderfox news?

I bought a faderfox DJ1 back in November 2004 and was DJ'ing with it using Traktor 2.0 and BPM Studio at clubs waaaaay before anyone in my town had even seen a laptop on stage.

Fast forward to 2010 and my DJ1 is still going strong! It's literally indestructible... I've gigged with it all over SE Asia for many years and it still works perfectly. What I like about it is the already mentioned durability, but also the compact'ness and the design - it has everything you need to operate the basic Traktor controls.

I've recently added two EKS XP10's and the three controllers combined make for a very powerful combination. I can't recommend the Faderfox series of controllers enough

+10,000,000

Still using my DJ1 as well -- it's been all over the place and still doing its thing after at least five years. I love the thing.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

So happy with a DJ2 here, agreed about durability and compactness already mentioned here and also would add simplicity and ease of use. I'll be buying a 4 deck controller in the future which is the only thing I miss in the DJ2 althought I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with 4 channels at once.
    Last edited by pepehouse; 05-23-2010 at 12:29 PM.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Maybe there will be a 4 deck controller in the new Faderfox range ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast