Hold A Vocal

Thread: Hold A Vocal

Tech Guru

Default Hold A Vocal

Is there anyway to hold a vocal live

for example: a vocal saying "hello " i want it just to stretch out the vocal so it would be like "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

how would i do this
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Guru

theoretically you can loop a vocal using a very small loop and if the amplitude at the start and the end are the same then it will hold that part. However if the levels aren't even if will make a stutter or pop at the end/start of each loop. You could try to use the beatmasher with a really short length to do this. Although I doubt anything I have proposed here will really work.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

yeah I like to basically do what mpeterson said, start a loop or add a hotcue marker right at the beginning or loop it right at the end, then you can change the pitch and add effect to taste.
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

I've done it before (which questionable results) and your best bet is to use a loop as mpeterson suggested, and use loads of reverb (and possibly a little filter, it will will help minimize any noticeable differences at the beginning and end of your little loop).
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Mentor

beatmasher can be useful for this in advanced mode as the rot (middle knob) shifts the start point of the loop allowing you to move throught the vocal a bit