Dubstep Concert w/ Rusko - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    Coki, Skream, Benga, Loefah, Mala, Kromestar, Kode9 etc...

Caspa and Rusko kinda ruined dubstep in a way, just turned it into mainstream party music with a 140 bpm, now every body likes 'filth' which is just, well, horid...
    ^ The truth. Glad somebody else feels this way.

Caspa and Rusko are to Dubstep what Pendulum are to DNB. There's plenty of amazing dubstep artists that don't necessarily make spaced out spliff jams like Loefah and Skream. Peep some Trillbass or anything off the twenty twelve imprint. straight up solid darkness. None of that overwobbly nonesense.

Did a gig with Rusko a few months ago, bit of a weirdo... I do like his music alot, but he's a proper skaghead (found bent spoons in his hotel room..) - just by the by!

yeah.. more importantly his more about the groove, and he's really prolific - which has sort of ruined dubstep a bit - but then again for anything to come out of the deep underground, there needs to be some mainstream blow-off?

There are loads of different types of 140 2-step music though, and it all gets labelled as dubstep - i've never been a massive genre labels man anyway, but it is a far more vast scene than most people realise..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    Coki, Skream, Benga, Loefah, Mala, Kromestar, Kode9 etc...

Caspa and Rusko kinda ruined dubstep in a way, just turned it into mainstream party music with a 140 bpm, now every body likes 'filth' which is just, well, horid...
    Yeah dont you just hate it when a scene gets ruined by a big artist.

Fucking Beatles ruining the 60s and the Sex Pistols ruining Punk and shitty Nirvana ruining Grunge.

Come on, all music reaches a zenith and the mainstream grab a hold. Its cus lots of people like it. Its what happens.

If Rusko is not as good as he was when he was underground then im fine people slagging him but if hes just become big and famous cus hes good them its silly to backlash.

I wouldnt know if hes good now as opposed to way back cus i know jack-shit about Dubstep.

"wheres my mummy" Teehee,

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    tomba, akira kiteshi, rafferti, toast, nosaj thing
    nosaj thing is dubstep?

this whole dubstep genre seems silly to me; not because i dont enjoy the music but because most of it just seems like instrumental hiphop/trip hop. you got artists like flying lotus who i enjoy, but then youve got these guys who make good music making inane interviews where these artists really believe theyre doing some shit thats never been done before and its like "this is nothing j dilla or massive attack werent doing 10 years ago"....
    just seems like a loss on perspective and humility to try and call it a new genre.
    i dont want to be negative, but it just seems a bit silly to call it a new genre when it seems like the main unifying theme is an obnoxious overuse of synth bass with an LFO assigned to pitch

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    nosaj thing is dubstep?

he does mostly glitchhop/idm, but he has done some dubstep tunes like aquarium.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    he does mostly glitchhop/idm, but he has done some dubstep tunes like aquarium.

oh silly titles for stupid monkeys, its all just fun with electronics to me

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah dont you just hate it when a scene gets ruined by a big artist.

Fucking Beatles ruining the 60s and the Sex Pistols ruining Punk and shitty Nirvana ruining Grunge.
    [..]
    I agree, but tbh, Nirvana was an overrated hype. Just give me 'Alice in Chains' or 'Stone Temple Pilots' any day and I will gladly give a listen.

Only good thing coming from Nirvana is Dave Grohl getting sparks for Foo Fighters.

(By the way, this is starting to become a similar thread like the 'Drum&Bass is dead' one. )
    Last edited by tekki; 04-04-2010 at 02:25 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah but you get my point.

True that man!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

saw the same show in atlanta. someone got shot outside and my car got stuck in crime scene investigation the whole night, me and the lady had to take a 50$ cab home. its a pretty whack story why the guy got shot. http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/man-...th-414012.html
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast