Advice on mapping a specific function in Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Advice on mapping a specific function in Traktor Pro

When I had Traktor 3 it was very easy to set up the midi mappings with my controller to something that I was comfortable working with. Now I've upgraded to Traktor Pro, though, and I'm at a loss as to how to achieve the same mapping.

For simplicity's sake, I am working with only two buttons for my transport controls:

One of which would play from a cue point as soon as I pressed it, and would continue playing when I let go of the button. This is what I'm having trouble mapping correctly. I've watched some tutorials, and while they are helpful none of them address my problem.

I want to be able to hit this play button five times, and have it play from the same cue point five times, and then just keep playing on it's own. I bet it's incredibly simple, but I just cannot find a way to do this.

The other would stop playback and return to the cue point when pressed, but I've got that down.

Edit: I figured I would clarify: Because I'm only using a single tiny controller, I only plan on working with just one cue point that I can drop using another button, then trigger whenever I want.
    Last edited by Trial; 04-01-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Clarification!

Try setting "Next/Previous Cue/Loop" & Play/Pause to the same button.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Much appreciated! I just had to change the control type for the "Play/Pause" command to "direct" after mapping both of those controls to the same button.

Thank you!

No worries i use a similar set up.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

It's really flexible. I'm using a modifier to allow the stop button to drop a new cue point so at any time I can theoretically just start juggling/triggering cool stuff.

Tech Convert

One more question:

When using this controller I would only like to work with one cue point. Is there any way to assign a midi command that would allow me to simply overwrite Hotcue #1 with the current song position one whenever the button on the controller is pressed? I'm working with a very simplistic controller here.

Edit: I've figured it out: I bypassed Hotcues altogether, there is an option to use only the active cue point. I think I'll upload my mapping when I'm done if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by Trial; 04-01-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Tech Mentor

Im actually rather curious. Are you mimicking CDJ behavior? If so how do you have it setup?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!